SL350 topend fit on a CB350 case?

andymeadors

hey guys, would that work? a 1971 SL350 topend on a 1972 CB350?

Attachments

• IMG_3230-LR.jpg
    IMG_3230-LR.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 184
Yeah it should work. It's the same motor from what I understand. The SL may have a slightly different cam, but I am not sure on that. --That's a nice looking bike.

the cases are different - hence me wanting to put an SL350 topend on my CB350 case. the SL wont fit in my frame - slightly different mounts.

but now as of an hour ago, my CB350 bottom end is toast. so im looking for a CB350 bottom end now.

what happened is that a cam chain sprocket bolt stripped out causing the sprocket to wobble and break the chain. the chain granade'd and caused havoc. valves hit the piston (but dont know if theyre bent yet), metal shards everywhere from the chain bits scrapping and damaging the crank mount/bearing and even cracked a small shelve part of the case where the crank pins fit into. i dont know what to do right now. but i do have a clean SL350 with 185 lbs of compression on both.

any suggestions?

Sorry to hear that man. you could get an SL frame, try to swap the SL motor for a CB motor that will fit into your frame, or go to a motorcycle salvage yard or something like that and try to find a 350 motor to pull.

yep. thanks Luugo86.

interesting tho... my next project will mostly likely be an XS650 - and i see that model under your profile pic. $400 for a non-running XS650 with everything there. dont know the year. any advise on that?

andymeadors said:
the cases are different - hence me wanting to put an SL350 topend on my CB350 case. the SL wont fit in my frame - slightly different mounts.

but now as of an hour ago, my CB350 bottom end is toast. so im looking for a CB350 bottom end now.

what happened is that a cam chain sprocket bolt stripped out causing the sprocket to wobble and break the chain. the chain granade'd and caused havoc. valves hit the piston (but dont know if theyre bent yet), metal shards everywhere from the chain bits scrapping and damaging the crank mount/bearing and even cracked a small shelve part of the case where the crank pins fit into. i dont know what to do right now. but i do have a clean SL350 with 185 lbs of compression on both.

any suggestions?
the top end is a direct bolt on there is no difference at all except the sl head has smaller intake ports(same valves tho) and a very mild cam

Back
Top Bottom