CB550 "Macaframa"

HAHA shut the fuck up Fred!

Hey when are you gonna get your lazy ass over here and help me out with my wiring harness? lol

Oh yeah heres those jets dude OEM 115s
http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carburetor_type/jets_keihin_99101-393_main_round_28-xxx.htm

I need 4 of em.

Mom just ordered me some K&N pods for my birthday. Also changed my mind on selling my speedo and made a mount for it today. Gotta figure out where to hide my ignition switch now though.

Got my clip ons in the mail today as well as a nice check from some extra work I did in a movie called writers and DAMN these bars are wicked!

Also gonna go in a different direction with the bike......

4806070421_7afec364ce_o.jpg

chopperstyle1335282537_250_FT76437_img_0246.jpg

I'm welding up some struts on Tuesday and hopefully gonna have her on the road by next weekend. Didn't have the bike ready and had to work so I missed the smoke out but next year myself and a few friends are planning a trip across the country and to compete in the stampede on our way home........ should be interesting hah

Going cross-country on that little 1 in. foam padding will be pretty painful. Do-able certainly, but prepare for some STIFF mornings. No pun intended.

I have year to prepare and there will be other mod done to it along the way. I'm hoping to get the wiring sorted tonight and get her started tomorrow. It'll be the first I've ever heard her run since I bought her 2 months ago.

I wanna get some knee dents in the tank and get some comstars on it eventually too.

Anyone have a set?

There's a guy here in town that wants to trade some cb750 nighthawk mags for my spokers, will these work? Haven't even started to look into these yet.

Thanks man! I'll have plenty of pictures up by the Wednesday, assuming I have managed to get my struts and seat pan welded up by then haha.

Getting things welded up hold me back on every bike I work on.... I really need to just fork up the cash and by a welder of my own.

i'm in the same boat man, ha! if i only had a welder, my builds would run along so much quicker and more smoothly. someday!

Got a 80 amp stick HF welder today for $20!! Gonna use it to weld up my battery tray and my seat pan tomorrow and I'm getting a buddy to weld up some super kewl struts for me out of 2 giant nuts, 4 9 inch sections of solid 5/8" steel bar, and the bottom clevis off of my old/blown shocks from my old CB500 that I hardtailed.

Got the wiring finished today and just got her fired up!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Should have her titled, insured, inspected, registered, and on the road by the weekend!! ;D ;D ;D

Later plans include:
Eye to eye Shocks from a Honda Rebel
CB650 motor transplant
CM400 or CB750 Nighthawk wheel swap
Super long 4-2 drag pipes, wrapped with Biltwell exhaust tips

Congrats on getting it running! Big step and very rewarding. I think the paperwork is harder than actual wrenching. Tons of beauraucracy and patience involved, but hey, you're close!

Still working on the seat pan but I got called into work for the next four days straight sooooo looks like plans to go riding this weekend are off :mad:

I really can't wait to get her done and finally have some finished pictures up here!

And yeah I HATE working with the DMV here in NC! Real pain in the ass...

BTW I'm still looking for a set of comstars so if anyone out there has some PLEASE PM ME!!!

SO... some stuff has been getting in the way of getting this thing on the road. I was going to use a bike computer so I could keep my stock key switch in its home on the triple tree and take advantage of the steering lock. Needless to say it looked like crap I hated it so I made a bracket to bolt down my stock speedo to the key switch holes. This has made a mess of my wiring and I really need some help deleting my key switch because I have no clue where to put it now. I have a hidden switch that cuts off the coils so theres some sort of theft prevention but I dont know how to run power throughout the bike without the switch. Also I wasn't the one who did the wiring in the first place, my buddy did it and now he's moved out to Charleston so theres no on else around to help me out with this mess.

On a good note the bike runs and was rejetted while it was running with 115 mains and needle in middle position, my solid struts are awesome, I have a battery box fabricated now that will hold all of my electronics and a battery big enough to use the starter(was originally planned to be kick start only), and my seat turned out okay but I dont know how long it will stay before I change it up.

Pics and video soon to come once shes put back together and running again!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME OUT WITH THIS WIRING!

when i deleted my keyhole........(sounds rude) haha

i just replaced it with a switch!
stright on an off!!!

as for what wires.....
i just tried them all in different combo till i got what i wanted

Theres 5 wires on my key switch

Red, 2 brown, black, and a brown/white. The red carries power from the battery to the fuse box then it goes straight to the key switch and when you flip the switch it send power to everything. I need to find a way to save my switch or connect all of these powers together...

New petcock, jets, speedo, and battery on the way!

Next week is gonna be fun 8)

Back at it once again!

Thanks to my buddy Fred and the vice grip holding my phone, we got the motor into the frame today. Been a while and the mods have increased.
>Welded frame hoop
>Shaved off the top triple tree
>Welded up new shock mounts for frame/swing arm
>Fitted 11 inch Harley shocks
>re built motor including new gaskets and rings all around
>HID headlights (not yet installed)
>welded up custom battery box
>mounted clip-ons with new dime city grips, throttle, and all new MC and clutch lever
>Cleaned out my carbs (again...) ::)
>New green suede leather seat that I made with a abs seat pan
IMG_20121217_193311_129.jpg

IMG_20121216_204751_287.jpg

IMG_20121208_172055_545.jpg

IMG_20121218_145933_479.jpg

IMG_20121218_145806_792.jpg

Heres a time lapse of my buddy and I tryin to get the damn motor in
http://youtu.be/nriLdJT4_iw

Coming soon
>new wiring all around
>new front tire and 18 front wheel
>SL 175 gas tank (in the mail)
>general maintenance (oil, tubes, brake pads, etc.)

nice to see this one rearing it's head again! i had your build bookmarked but deleted it just the other day because i thought you'd given up or something. it's looking real fine though, and i like this color scheme much better than the blue and gold. where did you get the abs for your seat pan?

Its a sheet of 1/4" ABS I got off amazon. It was pretty cheap too! I just cut up a camping mat from Dicks for the foam and then stretched the leather over it and stapled it down on the bottom. I had to cut it out and then take a small propane torch and heat it up along where it needed to be bent.

Pretty simple and I did it in a matter of like 3 hours.

Yeah sorry about the break. I couldn't make up my mind on hardtailing it or not. I'm most likely going to get it on the road, work out the bugs, then tear it down and hardtail it in a year or two. I've been collecting parts for a few months now. Could probably build 2 whole bikes from the stock pile I've gotten LOL

Trying to get this thing going soon though because Fred and I are taking a whole month off from work next June and we're going on a huge adventure across the US. Been talking about it for years now, it about time we grew some balls and hit the road.

Back
Top Bottom