Stuck in the 70s...

Scruffy

West Tennessee
I'm just getting back on finishing this one up. Need to spray the cream rear fender sides, make seat mounting tabs for the VN800A seat it is going to run (need a seat and bar for my 6 year old grandniece to ride it with me) and wire in the headlight/turn signal toggles. Needs new tires something fierce, and the decompression relay is toast (going with a manual cable).

Reproduction Shovel FL rear fender. Reproduction Bates 7" sidemount metal headlight and mounting ears. Old UJM/Brit twin sissy bar.

A bit of a different take on the usual...
chikstik1web.jpg

I'm also trying to get to working on my miniature bike, a 1963 CL72 turned street legal track style. Building an XR750 style tail piece for it, should work really well with the seat shown...
Hondont.jpg

The old Honda is basically just decoration right now, engine is stuck. We're tearing it down a piece at a time and refurbishing it as we go. Adding TLS brakes on both ends, real lighting, brake drum air inlet ducting...

Pics are from my old place in Washington state.

Tracker.jpg

Haven't gotten very far with it, too busy trying to get 54 acres back in working order. Dock repairs, picnic/camping area, orchard clean up, couple acres of gardens... Live on a working pecan farm. Bikes take a very distant spot down on the priority list right now. No major hurry, I'll have the high bar ready for a spring/summer meet we're having here for the bike/truck/car forums I belong to.

That Honda has some amazing potential. Would love to see that thing rompin' through the woods.

Back
Top Bottom