DO THE TON Mama Tried 3 - Alabama 2012 - New and Improved with event pics!

Tim said:
Well so far if nobody's got anything to sell etc. then we don't need to bother with a booth. It's a good deal in that it comes with 2 festival passes and 2 museum passes and is $125 for the weekend. Also includes parking on the spot, camping on the spot as well.

But no reason to have the spot if we're not going to use it. I got it last year thinking it would be cool to have a spot to hang out in, but then we also set up a tent in the Cafe Racer area as it turned out, which I'm hoping we're going to be doing again this year. More on that to come as we get organized.
Is the Cafe Racer Tent spot a hangout spot where guys can park bikes close...so as we meet people we can also check out machines?

DONE. I got my room booked! Looks like were headed for Barber! I am excited already.

2012 is gonna be the best year yet guys. I can't wait to meet all you hooligans I didn't meet last year. And dragons tail guys: I am definetly saving the jar of muscadine shine for Kiley's house. So if you want a sip and talk about the good times...

Mr. E If your coming to Kileys might want to bring 2 jars!
Mr.E said:
2012 is gonna be the best year yet guys. I can't wait to meet all you hooligans I didn't meet last year. And dragons tail guys: I am definetly saving the jar of muscadine shine for Kiley's house. So if you want a sip and talk about the good times...

trek97 said:
Is the Cafe Racer Tent spot a hangout spot where guys can park bikes close...so as we meet people we can also check out machines?

Unfortunately there isn't a big opportunity for us to congregate with out bikes, aside from if we run a 'bike show' like we did last year. On the Saturday we had a window where people could bring their bikes up into the Cafe Racer area for display, and then they had to leave them there for the day to be judged etc. and then take them back out at the end of the show.

We'll see what happens this year - more to come. Just in the planning stages now.

Definitely we'll be seeing lots of each other at the show, but people should also get out and enjoy the area, get some riding in and socialize in the evenings at Kiley's place etc.

Clutch48 said:
Mr. E If your coming to Kileys might want to bring 2 jars!

Wish I could, but the hillbilly we bought it from at the get together only had 2 jars left... and one of them found its way into some Dixie cups :)

It happens Mr.E I understand.
Mr.E said:
Wish I could, but the hillbilly we bought it from at the get together only had 2 jars left... and one of them found its way into some Dixie cups :)

Not so much a speed limit as basically how fast you're willing to go in the crowd and ultimately the lap is lead by an official who you don't want to pass (I think they've used police officers in the past to lead the laps).

Starting towards the back of the pack however gives you some chances to have a bit of fun. We were hitting 80 or so at points. Nothing outrageous and certainly not a 'hot lap' but definitely not just a slow lap of the track.

They don't spell out any rules that I've ever heard, but it seems to me the notion is you're not supposed to pass. But nobody follows that rule. Total mix of bikes and riders, so it gets a little dicey at times.

Swapmeet Louie said:
I'm getting excited... The calender is blocked mout. Says... Graham's in bama... I'm stoked. I've never been!

Ya, can't wait to get down there with the rest of you hooligans!! :eek: I've never been, but it's been on my list of "must do's" for a few years! 8)

Boys...

this is gonna be

EPIC!

;D ;D

Gonna try to bring some good Canadian beers for you to sample too! :-*

... oh... beer after the parade laps... o'k?? ;)

Mr.E said:

Good times! That first jar treated us pretty well.

Drewski. Beers are pretty much cosumed all day but if doing the lap the after is a good time to start. I hope I can make it this year again. I think as long as I can plan a nice annivwrsary evening the 12th i can pull it off. We'll see how funds go now that we only have one house to pay for. October will be here soon enough

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Tim,
Im reserving a room now. Are you guys staying at the Hilton again? Is it the "Hilton Garden Birmingham" or the "Hilton Garden Inn - Trussville"

Im getting the links here:

http://www.barbermuseum.org/accommodations.php

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom