IS THIS A SCAM!!!!

MILLENNIUM FALCON

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Ok so I have my GT380 on Craigslist and this guy named Tom Minser calls me representing a company called classicrunnerusa. Here is the website. http://www.classicrunners.com/home.html He finds bikes for this company. He wants to pay my asking price sight unseen. He said he will PayPal me the money and then a shipping company will com and pick up the bike. I thought this sounded like a scam so I said no. He said OK but told me to look at the website and think about it. So I did. the site looks legit. So I called the company and talked to the owner and their stories matched. What do you think? If it isn't a scam I would hate to say no.... Thanks for your input.

I haven't heard of this before, but anyone wanting to buy a bike sight unseen seems a little fishy to me. The website is not proof enough as any dedicated scammer could put one up. I hope someone has better info for you though.

Well, have him paypal it. Just make sure it goes through on paypal. If its a scam he'll send you a fake paypal receipt email. If its a real offer then it will show up in your account.

It is a scam, don't do it. If they have sold 10,000 motorcycles world wide they would have a much nicer website than that.

Actually I took a look at the website... Go to bikes list and click on anything other than Kawasaki. There is no inventory and half of the words are misspelled. There are no prices on any of the bikes, so it seems more than just a little fishy.

Paypal has long been the scam.

They pay, the money clears, they pick up, then a week later file a claim saying you never shipped.
Since you didn't mail anything out using the paypal site paypal sides with them and refunds you the money.

Much better to use USPS MO

He actually wanted to use a money order and I suggested PayPal since I have head so many horror stories of fake money orders. Now I don't know what to do. :eek:

danejurrous said:
It is a scam, don't do it. If they have sold 10,000 motorcycles world wide they would have a much nicer website than that.

Agreed. I develop websites on the side, this would take me all of 10 minutes to make. Total scam.

You can verify a MO. Also once it clears into your account or you cash it you are done.
Paypal has some strings attached. Some are for the better, others create holes for scams.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/classic-runners-usa-torrance

Legit but incompetent?

Streetview of the address doesn't seem to show any kind of shop.

Meh, yelp is filled with people just complaining to complain.
Also one review hardly condemns a shop.

Cash is king! Tell them you want cash! I know it won't happen, but it would probably shut them up.

Yeah....all good advice. I think I will tell them cash only and if they dont like it I will take my chances selling it locally. I'll keep you posted. Thanks

United States Post Office money order is safe as well. Misusing one constitutes mail fraud which will be investigated by the FBI.

They're located just a few miles from where I work. I can scope them out if you want haha.

"You sir, are you a scam artist? No? Good day to you" 8)

It's a scam, I will guarantee you 100% without a doubt it's a scam. I deal with this type of an issue every day, they won't send you any money what they will do is send you an email looking like it's from paypal saying that you have to release the vehicle before the money is given to you (like an escrow) you will never get any money. I STRONGLY suggest that you walk away from it.

Yep, looks fishy. Cash money upon pick up at the local police station... have the bills verified before they are allowed to load. Piece of cake, and quite often the Highway Patrol or the county sheriff will do it for free, good training exercise. Helps if you have a good rapport with them... The few times I was "charged" for said service, it was usually a donation to the teddy bear program.

Simple. It's a scam. every time i have posted a bike on there the same thing happens. It's a scam.

Back
Top Bottom