IS THIS A SCAM!!!!

Yeah maybe rough em up a bit for the time they've cost me...lol jk.

socalmike_cb72 said:
They're located just a few miles from where I work. I can scope them out if you want haha.

"You sir, are you a scam artist? No? Good day to you" 8)

Never take a cashier's check, either. They are easily faked.

"If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and quacks like a duck,
It's a motherfuckin' duck."

-Chris Rock

All they do on the checks is get a real account number, put a different company name on it. Looks legit, banks will deposit them. But, sooner or later the book keeper at whatever company finds the discrepancy, and the money is taken back from you.

It's very simple, go to your bank and get a route#, then have them deposit the $. They cannot retrieve the $ once it hits your account. Then they can send who they want to pick it up. I don't take paypal, cashiers checks etc. It's very simlpe for them to have their bank route the $ to yours. I've done this dozens of times, besides cash, it's the only payment I'll take...

Re: Re: IS THIS A SCAM!!!!

ApriliaBill said:
It's very simple, go to your bank and get a route#, then have them deposit the $. They cannot retrieve the $ once it hits your account. Then they can send who they want to pick it up. I don't take paypal, cashiers checks etc. It's very simlpe for them to have their bank route the $ to yours. I've done this dozens of times, besides cash, it's the only payment I'll take...

Yep. I take paypal for ebay and shipping parts to people.

AlphaDogChoppers said:
Never take a cashier's check, either. They are easily faked.

"If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and quacks like a duck,
It's a motherfuckin' duck."

-Chris Rock

Yup... Actually I sell close to 40 bikes a year and probably 10 a year go to other states and some to other countries. Paypal DOES NOT cover vehicles under their protection coverage. DO NOT click on any paypal links though because they are fake and they use the site to capture your info and empty your account. Also don't pay attention to any "paypal" emails you may get. They are most likely fake... ONLY pay attention to your paypal account by logging into their secure website ONLY...

Actually cashiers checks, personal checks, and money orders are the most common form of scam. What they do is send you a check with an extra digit on there. Usually if you're selling something for 2000.00 they'll send a check for 4000.00 and then when you contact them they say their "secretary" made a typo and to go ahead and cash the check and then send them a check back for the "error" in the amount... The whole time the check is a fake and its good enough to pass your banks inspection so you send them the merchandise, and a check for 2000.00 and then a week later you get a bounced check fee and now owe the bank an additional 2000.00 and you are out your stuff....

Fucking pieces of shit... They contact me all the time from my craigslist ads for "wanting to buy bikes" and they say "Hello, I'm so tired of people not going through with what they say and I am willing to pay your asking price and arrange pick up blah blah blah.".. The whole time explaning how they want to "buy" my wanted ad to buy bikes!!!. I am not even selling anything!!! They send texts all the time too and it's always the same story. The one above or the one about how they are on a boat or in the military and can't get to it right away but want to pay you right away.

I always respond as rudely as possible with as much profanity I can in 3 sentences.. Pisses me off some people actually fall for this bull shit and lose money for nothing... Most scammers are overseas and most use a base located in california because that is where all the ports are where they export items back to their country.

I get like one scam email every couple days. If I remember I will copy and paste it here when I get it. It is unbelievable.... Don't do it.

I know that paypal doesn't cover vehicles because I had a guy that was confused on the title work for a bike and shipped it to Georgia and when I got it he said I falsified info and filed a claim through paypal because thats how he sent me the money and when Paypal got the claim and found out it was payment for a vehicle they closed the case and the there was no coverage for that type of purchase... Always been honest and only had that one problem in over 200 bikes now.

Their website is crap, there doesn't seem to be much on Google maps at their 'address', and Google Chrome offers to translate their website from Malay to English. Malay is the language of Malasia. So there you go.

It's a scam 200%. Tell them to send you the PayPal payment. You'll probably get a story about a 3rd party 'escrow' service, that once they verify they have the bike, your payment will be released by PayPal. PayPal does NOT offer any sort of escrow service.

If you get a PayPal payment email, it will be faked. You can log directly into your PayPal payment and see what transactions have happened. If there's a payment there, you're good.

But again, of course, this is a scam.

No one buys a used vehicle without seeing it in person. Why do people even question this? Any mention of paypal, wire transfer or some lame excuse about being on an offshore rig should be an automatic scam alert. Get real people.

People buy vehicles all the time without seeing them.. I have not sold a single bike through eBay with the person seeing it first... Craigslist yes, but eBay no... Personally I never would but people do all the time. I would think well over 50% of vehicles sold on eBay sell before the buyer even looks at it in person... Crazy.

Have bought and sold plenty sight unseen.
I also ship parts and bikes all over the country and world.

Here's one I had in my spam box... They're all similar to this. Some this short, others several paragraphs... As you can clearly see I am ASKING TO BUY MOTORCYCLES, my ad is not a for sale ad yet they still respond the same and look like illiterate idiots trying to scam people.. Lowest form of life on earth....

NuXeb7a.png

Yep, last time I had a bike for sale got this same thing, scam, I just said, cash in person or nothing and they stopped txting and emailing and moved on to another add. They suck.

Well Problem solved I sold it to a local guy for $450. Not as much as the scam artist was going to give me but at least I got cash! Thanks again for all the advice.

Re: Re: IS THIS A SCAM!!!!

MILLENNIUM FALCON said:
Well Problem solved I sold it to a local guy for $450. Not as much as the scam artist was going to give me but at least I got cash! Thanks again for all the advice.

pretty sure it was more than you would have gotten from the scam artist :)

Sorry, forgot about this thread. This is the one I just got in email now... Stupid, hilarious, who would actually believe it, I don't know....

NcsBAMo.png

Back
Top Bottom