Master Gas Tank Thread?

CB500t tank. (Fitted to my CB250)....Slight knee indents from the factory, plus I think it looks bloody awesome on ANY bike.

Attachments

• 291.JPG
    291.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 788
+1 on the XS500 and CB500 tanks. My vote would go for the XS tank I think.

Nice bike Green199!

motone said:
Sure is aint it. From what I know hes the guy behind this http://zelastchancegaragedu78.blogspot.co.uk/ and the photos were taken for sideburn magazine - if you havent read sideburn its well worth getting you certainly wont regret it sideburnmag.blogspot.com

Thanks motone...I have not heard of sideburn, on sonic. The DT tank is a work of art, and really fits the lines of that bike. It looks like a scrambler, but in the weeds...just a style I've never seen. Kinda tracker, kinda cafe, kinda scrambler. It has a drag bike feel too. Just sweeter than honey!

Matchless G45/G50

I absolutely have fallen in love with this tank, but I can only find a fiberglass replica in india for about $600 shipped.

matchlessg45_zpsf4ab3930.jpg

The yamaha G7 and RD400 are definetly on the cool list, I like the Euro RD400 tank better though.

This is an awesome thread. Great idea.

Heres one I've always loved and been a little underrated in my opinion. The GB 400/500 honda tank. one of my favourites.

Heres my old gb400, i miss this bike heaps...
gb400-1.jpg

gb400-2.jpg

Yeah i found one for sale on CL a couple days ago. (in america). When i lived in new zealand GB's were readily available. Still held their value rather well... but back here in the states they are SUPER rare. I'm hoping to snag a deal on a gb500 some day when the right one comes along.

just discovered the Harley Davidson KRTT tank and am in LOVE with it. too bad can only find india-made replicas for $400 :(

1963-Harley-Davidson-Racer-R-Side.jpg

focusinprogress said:
just discovered the Harley Davidson KRTT tank and am in LOVE with it. too bad can only find india-made replicas for $400 :(

1963-Harley-Davidson-Racer-R-Side.jpg

Reminiscent of the Ducati 'jelly-mold' tank. But every bit as pricey and hard to find.

web-Moto13-Jelly-bean-tank-Ducati-Ernesto-Quiroga-1961-Sport.jpg

As soon as you look at those last two tanks you just know many $$$$$'s would exchange hands before you have one sitting in your shop ;).....beautiful!

Hey. Has anybody seen the new alloy tanks Legendary-Motorcycles is selling?
I saw some of their new stuff and it's absolutely ripple free unlike the imports.
Dime city is now marketing them.

Aren't you Legendary?

That's the username they use on eBay.

They do look sharp.

Back
Top Bottom