Project peer pressure ADV danger bike!

It's STD plus .50. I don't know what their markings mean, I just know that I sourced a NOS .50 over piston and rings and they bored to suit. If you look really close you can see the ".50" stamped on the crown.
f10b6446ce8fbd581dfe2044f39702fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kanticoy said:
It's STD plus .50. I don't know what their markings mean, I just know that I sourced a NOS .50 over piston and rings and they bored to suit.
.50 over is 2 sizes up in most applications, not all though. I do see the stamp now thank you. Piston should be 88.5mm then, but hey if it fits it fits. Be sure to check ring gap, not all shops will check for you.

DohcBikes said:
.50 over is 2 sizes up in most applications, not all though. I do see the stamp now thank you. Piston should be 88.5mm then, but hey if it fits it fits. Be sure to check ring gap, not all shops will check for you.

Thanks man, first thing I did was check and file the ring gap. I had to file it just slightly to get it to OEM spec (which I don't recall what the manual stated but that's where I put it!). And I think you're right, it's 2 sizes up, but no harm no foul. I got a good deal on the unit on eBay, and the only other option affordably would've been gambling on a used cylinder and I just didn't want to go there. Burned before.

Well, well, well... Something smells funny.

deviant said:
Well, well, well... Something smells funny.

I'm quite certain you haven't pee'd on this one yet. Maybe it's anticipation stench. Then again it could just be natural for a cobbled together enduro to smell, and obviously I'm cobbling. XB says so.

I think it's the snapping turtle shit.

whatcha got for rake, trail, and wheelbase? Very much looks as though you will need to internally shorten those forks around 2 inches.

DohcBikes said:
whatcha got for rake, trail, and wheelbase? Very much looks as though you will need to internally shorten those forks around 2 inches.

It's actually remarkably close to what I need using a plumb bob. I'm getting about 27.5° rake and just shy of 5" of trail as it sits. 57" on the nose wheelbase. It looks a little tall, but there is zero sag currently as well, so I've yet to mess with the fork oil and preload to get that proper. That'll come when I have more of an assembled weighted bike.

Kanticoy said:
It's actually remarkably close to what I need using a plumb bob. I'm getting about 27.5° rake and just shy of 5" of trail as it sits. 57" on the nose wheelbase. It looks a little tall, but there is zero sag currently as well, so I've yet to mess with the fork oil and preload to get that proper. That'll come when I have more of an assembled weighted bike.

Numbers sound great carry on

J-Rod10 said:
Following along. This one looks fun.

If it never runs I've had a helluva fun time just building it!

I'll see it through, stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom