GL 1000 sport wing No Time, No Dime

I told Doug already, but that is a nice looking Japanese Volkswagen! Glad she handles better than a vw!

ABCanuck said:
That might have turned into the best looking wing I have seen. Very, very well done!
Thank you man I really appreciate the kind words!!

Kanticoy said:
I told Doug already, but that is a nice looking Japanese Volkswagen! Glad she handles better than a vw!
Hahaha it's top secret Germanese engineering

I'm so glad you like how the bike is handling...can't wait to take it for a ride. The bike looks better every time i see it! We're getting better at this, we were out of the shop by 12:30 and the trip is still a week away...lol

beatnic said:
I'm so glad you like how the bike is handling...can't wait to take it for a ride. The bike looks better every time i see it! We're getting better at this, we were out of the shop by 12:30 and the trip is still a week away...lol
Froze to death on the ride home but you know I was grinning from ear to ear the entire time. We already talked about this but something about that night, I felt like I coulda rode all night.

Hoosier Daddy said:
BRAVO!
Now on the look out for some Fox shocks... my old pneumatic ones could stand a little break I guess. ;)
Thank you sir.
If you upgrade your suspension you'll never look back.

Thank you brother. I had no idea he could take photos like this. Kids got some skill. Ended up having a hand full that I really liked

HELL of a Wing. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the value in these bikes!

Attachments

• My wing (5).jpg
    My wing (5).jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 433
  • My wing (1).jpg
    My wing (1).jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 355
troybilt and masonskr those are two of the nicest Goldwings I have seen, I had no idea they had the potential to look like that. Great Job on both of the builds!

I fully agree..... they are both beautiful bikes.... One day I should get mine looking that good. I am about 4 weeks into a 82 GL1100 that I do little by little because I still ride almost every day back and forth to work (I sell new bikes). Something about the old wings that just makes them effin' cool customized. I have changed mine quite a bit without much money or a complete teardown. Troybilt, that sport wing is just gorgeous

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 346
  • photo 18.jpg
    photo 18.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 367
Haven't check the thread for awhile I apologize.
I really appreciate the kind words fellas.

Nice to see others loving the large girls, nice bikes fellas!

Well, it seems she was nominated for BOTM. In celebration I gave her a bath and took her out for some photos. She was in dire need of the bath because I'd put her away wet many many times over the past few months (my only source of transportation for the past three months and of course it's been the wettest on record).

After the bath, flogged her over to my uncle's machine shop right at closing and had all of ten minutes (I'm not exaggerating) to grab a few photos.

Words can't describe how excited and honored I am about the nomination. Anyhow, here are a couple of the photos and I hope to add more close ups when I get a little more time.

Back
Top Bottom