Typical dohc full throttle issue 79' cb750f

Kolasanick

So I recently bought a 1979 super sport, was running a little rough when I picked it up. Figured it just needed to be tuned up so I went through and put all new NGK plugs in with dialectic grease on all points, also bench tested and synconized carbs.

The problem in getting is in the full throttle or 7-8000rpm range in every gear is cuts out and acts like its missing.

THE BIKE IS COMPLETLY STOCK

Charging system is all fine and dandy from what testing has told me, compression is good across the board.

before you think it is carb tune you must treat it as if it is ignition related ,first thing go through and freshen up the plug wires,that is the caps and fitment of the leasds to caps,buy oem quality ngk direct replacement sparkplug caps,or just from honda part number 4 new ones while you are putting them on trim the lead back a 1/4 inch or so just to get fresh spike bite
look closely at the coils,there is a lot to be said for a pitch black nite and seeing transient sparkage happening
clean/inspect/tighten when needed ,every single solitary electrical terminal connection on the entire motorcycle
is the battery holding a full 12.8 volts or whatever ?

Mine did that till after it sat a while. Ran some carb cleaner though it and blew it out on the highway over an hour or so. Good as new. When it bogged it'd be around 8k rpm, all of the sudden it'd lose power, just maintain rpm and sound different. I thought it was ignition too, but simple carb clean did the trick.

Sent from my S60 using DO THE TON mobile app

Also, if you're running stock coils they're probably about to die. I would replace your coils with some cbr 600 f2 coils. You can also do a relay mod that charges the coils faster so you don't have these issues.

Back
Top Bottom