DIY CELL PHONE HOLDER

mr vroom

Just finished a DIY phone holder. Most retail ones seemed either flimsy or crazy expensive. Simple solution was recessing 8 rare earth magnets (DX.COM) about the size of quarters and .5 inches thick in piece of Trex decking, wrapping it with aluminum and attaching with hose clamps. Then, cut a piece of thin steel to fit inside my Otterbox phone case. The magnetic grip is amazingly strong.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 295
No
There are lots of phone holders with magnets for sale.
They type of memory they use now is not effected by magnets

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Good to know, rare earth magnets are great for stuff, I used them to make tank bags etc. I'll keep this trick in mind. I am about to wire in a charger for my phone for trips and a secure place to hold it would be great.

Maritime said:
Good to know, rare earth magnets are great for stuff, I used them to make tank bags etc. I'll keep this trick in mind. I am about to wire in a charger for my phone for trips and a secure place to hold it would be great.
This is a great idea, don't get me wrong, but a Ram mount isn't that expensive.

I see your point, I want to.put a holder in the false tank so the magnets make that slick. I could stick the phone right to the lid out of site and weather plugged in and charging. But a mount for GPS might be nice too.

Back
Top Bottom