washingtonians

Bremerton/Port Orchard area. Needing to start a project bike. Figuring a CB750 is heading my way in bits n pieces to spend my time/beer money on. Anyone got a frame laying around?

Im in Seattle, check out the member map (link up top there) and it shows where people are located, you may find someone right next door-
Welcome to our sickness!

I'm in the Bought Hell (Bothell) area. Near top o' "Nike" Hill. I've got a CL360 that's taking up space with some parts that some yoos might be interested. Right now I'm trying to cafe my 81 GN400. can someone tell me where to find a place to have my seat done? GNGeorge

This guy on pnwriders.com does a fantastic job on seats:
http://pnwriders.com/marketplace/164731-custom-seats.html

Wyckedan@gmail.com

u9ybeby9.jpg
Anyone have some tips/tricks to the drive test? I want to practice around the neighborhood and get good at it before I go. Maybe I can set up my own cones or something...there is an undeveloped neighborhood about 1/2 a mile away that I have been practicing my starts and stops at. Where's the best place to take the test in auburn area?

I've logged about 4 miles just going around my neighborhood. I have a slight incline (like the house across from you) for practicing my starts stopped on a hill. I've gotten up to third just going up and down my street. I am taking the beginner coarse in Kirkland this weekend and then I'll go get my endorsement. I'll venture onto public roads then >:]

.paul said:
u9ybeby9.jpg
Anyone have some tips/tricks to the drive test? I want to practice around the neighborhood and get good at it before I go. Maybe I can set up my own cones or something...there is an undeveloped neighborhood about 1/2 a mile away that I have been practicing my starts and stops at. Where's the best place to take the test in auburn area?
I guess bike riding is like punk rock and corn: every year there's a new crop. In some ways it scares me. But snark aside, cut through some cones and practice your emergency stop. Those are what seem to give people in WA the most trouble. The course in N Seattle has the cone layout spray painted so you can get an idea of what you're in for (and I suggest practicing on a tighter course). For the emergency stop, you're gonna want to go abotu 20mph and slam on the brakes without putting your foot down until you're stopped, braking at a line. It's easy, but if you haven't practiced it beforehand, it can be nerve wracking at the test. Good luck.

Passed my skills test this am with a 98. Proud of myself and mega excited to go down to the dol on Friday and get the old license endorsed and free on the road!

Nobodies posted in at least thirty days!? Well I've hardly worked on the GN in more time than that. But emptied the tank (since it's sprung a pinhole leak, got some aluminum to fab into a tail-section/cowl. I'll be workin on her this weekend and hope to have her on the road for May's Backfire Moto nite or at least for "Ride to Work in June."

Checking in from the Eastside. Just got my first bike today, 1976 CJ360T with 5500 original miles. Super lucky find, it's been sitting in a garage since 1988. :) I'm going to go get my permit tomorrow so I can take advantage of the weather this weekend, taking the MSF course next Tuesday/Wednesday in Renton, will I see any of you guys there?

Bremerton, WA. Work in Seattle, so much ride time on both sides of the sound. 1980 Yamaha XS 400, my rolling project/daily rider... cool forum!

New to Ocean Shores area.. Just starting to tear down a Cb350 for the next project. If anyone between here and Olympia area want to go cruising always looking for an excuse to waste gas:)

Back
Top Bottom