71 CB350 Project (Sold!)

Re: 71 CB350 Project (Riding the Heck out of it)

Its getting closer. I still have 37.5 pilots, but I put in 120 mains (a little too lean). Today, though I moved the needle clip to the richest setting (bottom clip), but I ran out of time to take it out for a spin. Hopefully I will in the morning, and I'll let you know. I kind of have a feeling 125 mains would be perfect.

Re: 71 CB350 Project (SHE'S ALIVE!!!!)

Just by ear, and I am pretty sure I turned the screws both out the same amount of turns.

Re: 71 CB350 Project (Riding the heck out of it!!!)

Sold the bike. She ran like a top at the end and was a super dependable daily driver. I think I put over 1000 miles on her.

Here she is a couple days before I sold it.

IMG_0050_1.jpg

IMG_0051_1.jpg

IMG_0053_1.jpg

Dirty Frank,
I am actually about to walk out the door and pick up a little Yamaha 1970 CT175. Its in pretty good condition already, but kinda goofy looking. If I do get it, I think I'm leaning towards a street trackerish style. We'll see. I will definitely post up a build blog when the time comes.

Hey, I have those same carbs for my 350 and enough other build similarities that your endpoint would probably be if not a perfect match, a better starting point than what's in the carbs now... would you be able to let me know what your final jets/settings were?

Overdraft,
I am pretty sure I ended with 37.5 pilots and 130 mains with the clip in the center. Looking back it could probably used a bit more fine tuning, but that will be a great starting point for you.

I think I still have some jets laying around I'll dig them up and see what sizes I have...If your interested...

Back
Top Bottom