Odd tire size..

CaferacerMO

Been Around the Block
I'm having a hard time finding tires for some odd sized wheels..

I'm trying to get them as close to matching as I can, but I know that may be wishful thinking.

I want them to be as street like as possible, but if I have to I can do some light knobbys.

The rear is a 1.60x18 off a TS185
The front is a 1.40x17 off a YZ85

thoughts?
I'm new to tire shopping and knowing what fits and won't fit is confusing to me, not to mention these seem to be impossible sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would any of these work for the front wheel?
1541a11417dbc3728c7547a016d69d6e.png

Update, I found more options, would any of the 18, or 17 ones work for the front or rear?

Something to look out for with tyres, rears are often marked 'rear only' * so they might cause problems with your vehicle road test if you stick one on the front wheel?

I have heard of the 'rear only' mark accidently scrubbing off while in the workshop....Lord knows how that could happen?? ;)

* I don't know why this is?

Look for a size that says it is in your rim width range. Avon is a good site. It gives the tire size and min max and recommended rim width.

I'm all for using what you have lying around but you would be way better off getting some reasonable size and width wheels.
You want at least a 1.85 rear and 1.60 front rim.
Even then, the widest tyres you can fit are only in the 70mm front and 90mm rear range.
1.85 front and 2.15 rear rims would be even better.
If you 'must' have a wider tyre, you'll need wider rims, something like GS500 or early Katana would be about right width but are 3 spoke cast wheels (Honda may have something but I was a Suzuki tech for years so know more about them)
The sizes you state in first post are the width of rim inside the flanges and are not strange at all.
You can fit a rear on front but it has to have direction arrow reversed because the braking force is in opposite direction to driving force on rear (fit it 'backwards')

If push comes to shove I can re lace the rear and front to bigger sized wheels.
Just trying to keep as little money in this as possible if there's a way to make what I currently have work.
This more so is something I want to keep under a grand, but still have be practical, fun to look at but ALSO fun to ride.
Trying to find that balance between cosmetic and also functional.

I'll try Avon after work and see where that leads me.

This may be a viable choice if I can find something similar for the rear
325644657c1f3ace19714d10c053541b.png

The bike tops out at like 50 so that shouldn't be a problem.

I think I'm going with a matching 2.75x18 gazelle for the rear.

Very simple, thanks guys.
Tire sizes confuse me, but the Avon website helped a ton.

I got my wisdom teeth out this AM so I have plenty of time to wait for these to come in.
Ordering them now.

Thank you for the help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom