BMW R90/6 Cafe

I'm going to do that, thanks again. I'll start with 120, and I'll hit up Canadian Tire for a sander too. It'll be great for the broad engine covers but the valve cover - I just know - is going to be a bugger to do all by hand. Thing looks like some giant molar tooth.

Jimbonaut said:
I'm going to do that, thanks again. I'll start with 120, and I'll hit up Canadian Tire for a sander too. It'll be great for the broad engine covers but the valve cover - I just know - is going to be a bugger to do all by hand. Thing looks like some giant molar tooth.

Yeah those parts are tricky. I just put on some headphones and try to forget how long I’ve been sanding, and how much my fingers hurt haha

Music in the shop - man’s best friend

Do you use any kind of clear coat once you’re done polishing? I used SharkHide on the last set of covers I polished which works great and is very easy to apply. The only negative is that it slightly dulls the shiny finish.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Getting there. The fairing still needs a final run on the buffer, and 100 other little things, but she’s close!

065f404e2c8d7887005349952a13ac66.jpg

8cd0e19fd118e742b5b2e5156c58d8f4.jpg

b0564b05f3676d102211409d27dcb44e.jpg

No shaving mirror? No problem.

Absolutely spectacular. Looking forward to seeing this beauty all buttoned up

Jimbonaut said:
No shaving mirror? No problem.

Absolutely spectacular. Looking forward to seeing this beauty all buttoned up

Haha thanks. Me too!

I think that they still make a vehicle security system with proximity alert. Reprogram with "keep your grimy fingers away from this bike!"

pidjones said:
I think that they still make a vehicle security system with proximity alert. Reprogram with "keep your grimy fingers away from this bike!"

Haha “You touch it, you buff it!”

Trying to keep the updates coming.

Plugging away on the final odds and ends. Throttle and clutch cables are done. Carbs are jetted. Had to order and swap out some hardware. Now I’m on to the wiring harness. The charging and ignition systems are done along with the right hand switches. It’s boring work, but I enjoy it. It always looks like a birds nest at this stage, but there’s a method to my madness.

It should be up and moving next week.

7f75234a1bb87d93de19f9fe77a3fcad.jpg
3aa6cf06b43e73b2c354e423c2c780ae.jpg

https://youtu.be/m-6BhQJOsrk

Just asking myself the same question. If there's no air in the pipes, it could work. I'd prefer to see it higher than the master though.

Back
Top Bottom