Make: Ducati
Year: 2007
Model: Monster S2R1K
8.jpg

9.jpg

Basically stock (for now)... ;D

thebronze said:
Not so much a "fighter " than a standard naked bike...But still a nice ride
Well, It is "FIGHTER" in my book, and will become less and less "stock" looking as time goes on.
Remember, I have only owned it a month or so...

ProTeal55 said:
Well, It is "FIGHTER" in my book, and will become less and less "stock" looking as time goes on.
Remember, I have only owned it a month or so...

There are no "FACTORY FIGHTERS".....Don't get me wrong...it's the beginings of one....They need a boost of attitude and performance....A bandit or speed triple are a good nekid bikes but their not fighters either.....Factory bikes go against the grain of Fighters

XS650RR said:
Where do these fall in ???

CRW_9068.jpg

22817_0_1_4_tnt%20cafe%20racer_Image%20credits%20-%20Benelli.jpg

Streetfighters are built, not bought from the factory.
These bikes are naked standards built to emulate and cash in on 20+ years of Streetfighter building and styling.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the bikes, but they're not Streetfighters, same as "factory custom" is an oxymoron.
My opinion, Ducati and Buell come closest to the raw edge of the purpose built 'Fighters, understanding what they really are.

At some point, all bikes have to "come from the factory", wether its a Gixxer or a Norton Commando.

I think the Streetfighter, like a Cafe Racer, has certain physical characteristics which originally was created/fabricated in the owners garage.

However that being said, if a manufacturer, (honda/Ducati/Kawasaki, etc..), builds a bike that has those specific characteristics, does it make that bike any less a Cafe Racer or Street Fighter?

If I build a Cafe Racer from a cb350, then sell it to someone who "didnt build it", does that bike become any less of a cafe racer because the new owner didnt build it?

To simplify, if yo mama buys blue denim cloth and sews you a pair of pants, does it make those pants any less a pair of "blue-jeans", than if yo mama bought you a set of Levis at Walmart??

In my humble opinion..(which becomes LAW.. ;D..unless ButterflyMETH says otherwise), whether its made stock from Ducati, or built by TinTin in his basement, its understood that Cafe Racers & Streetfighters have commonly recognized physical characteristics in each of its genre category. It doesnt matter, at the end of the day, who "puts it together", be it Ducati or TinTin.

If a bike has the generally accepted cosmetic characteristics, (from either of those genre categories), regardless of whether its OEM or improvised, then it is what it is.

Court is ajourned...

BTW, just as an after thought, knowing ProTeal and his work on the cb750 & cb450,... that Ducati will end up looking and running like nothing anyone's ever seen before...
I demand to see more pics!!! ;D

Noel .... well said ... I'm impressed !!!. You had a ghost writer didn't you ?? :D :D ;)

XS650RR said:
Noel .... well said ... I'm impressed !!!. You had a ghost writer didn't you ?? :D :D ;)

Bhahahaha.. LOL... Thats not normally me.. That was the extra cup of coffee going through my system. I dont actually remembering writing that!!.. ;D

locOleoN said:
At some point, all bikes have to "come from the factory", wether its a Gixxer or a Norton Commando.

I think the Streetfighter, like a Cafe Racer, has certain physical characteristics which originally was created/fabricated in the owners garage.

However that being said, if a manufacturer, (honda/Ducati/Kawasaki, etc..), builds a bike that has those specific characteristics, does it make that bike any less a Cafe Racer or Street Fighter?

If I build a Cafe Racer from a cb350, then sell it to someone who "didnt build it", does that bike become any less of a cafe racer because the new owner didnt build it?

To simplify, if yo mama buys blue denim cloth and sews you a pair of pants, does it make those pants any less a pair of "blue-jeans", than if yo mama bought you a set of Levis at Walmart??

In my humble opinion..(which becomes LAW.. ;D..unless ButterflyMETH says otherwise), whether its made stock from Ducati, or built by TinTin in his basement, its understood that Cafe Racers & Streetfighters have commonly recognized physical characteristics in each of its genre category. It doesnt matter, at the end of the day, who "puts it together", be it Ducati or TinTin.

If a bike has the generally accepted cosmetic characteristics, (from either of those genre categories), regardless of whether its OEM or improvised, then it is what it is.

Court is ajourned...

BTW, just as an after thought, knowing ProTeal and his work on the cb750 & cb450,... that Ducati will end up looking and running like nothing anyone's ever seen before...

I disagree......They maybe blue jeans ...but there not Levis......they may look similar but they ARE different....A fighter IS Built by hand, not a robot on an assembly line...Someone actually tore a bike apart and made it theirs (or paid someone) Fighters and Cafe's are not designed by Commitee or Beancounters...they are built from heart

Don't forget, the most important ingredient in determining 'what' a bike is, is what the bike is used for.

If the bike is used to zip around roadways, going faster than reasonable given the conditions and equipment, and these excursions are punctuated with 100mph moments of bliss and regular infusements of caffeine with a group of chums doing the same, then I say it's a Cafe Racer. I could care less what it looks like.

If it's being used as a brute force display of raw thundering power, and my 6 year old daughter is scared of it, I'd say it's a Fighter.

If it's being used to lubricate the streetcar tracks through copious amounts of oil expectorant, then it's British ;)

Beauty (and designation) is in the eye of the beholder.

Oh, and if someone asks you 'what year is that' chances are it's a Cafe Racer. If they ask you 'WHAT IS THAT??!?!?!' then maybe you have a Fighter :D

locOleoN said:
Thanks for the positive words Bud, they are always appreciated...
The Monster is gonna be a slow project, as it is a brand new bike (so kinda hesitant to go too crazy on it), plus it is hard to work on something when I am always riding it (1600 miles in less then a month so far). The plan is to clean it up alittle, lower it, and do some little things here and their to make it more unique. The real deal is gonna be the CB450 come spring (getting a total overhaul)...

Tintin said:
Don't forget, the most important ingredient in determining 'what' a bike is, is what the bike is used for.

If the bike is used to zip around roadways, going faster than reasonable given the conditions and equipment, and these excursions are punctuated with 100mph moments of bliss and regular infusements of caffeine with a group of chums doing the same, then I say it's a Cafe Racer. I could care less what it looks like.

If it's being used as a brute force display of raw thundering power, and my 6 year old daughter is scared of it, I'd say it's a Fighter.

If it's being used to lubricate the streetcar tracks through copious amounts of oil expectorant, then it's British ;)

Beauty (and designation) is in the eye of the beholder.

Oh, and if someone asks you 'what year is that' chances are it's a Cafe Racer. If they ask you 'WHAT IS THAT??!?!?!' then maybe you have a Fighter :D

LOL!!.. I think thats the CAfe Racer/Street Fighter rule looked at from the "Spirit of Law" standpoint!!.. ;D

I "love" Ducati's straight from the factory, they are just plain gorgeous!! and I wouldn't touch that monster. ;D

karen said:
I "love" Ducati's straight from the factory, they are just plain gorgeous!! and I wouldn't touch that monster. ;D
Thanks for the nice comments.
I am gonna do some things to the bike, but nothing major.
Mainly lower it, and clean it up the best I can...

what no one has said a word about the baddest factory naked in the last few years???? maybe i'm the only guy who likes these, prolly the only one w/ one like it around here anyways... at least in NC
bikez003.jpg

it is a good lookin bike...lil too modern for my taste..no offence but it kinda reminds me of a transformer... but it does look mean.

yep, the actual figure is called ransack gt. and if i had a pic of the top side of the polycarb tank it would show the transformer decepticon decal!!!! hehehe thanx

Back
Top Bottom