Philly and surrounding area BANTER THREAD!

VonYinzer said:
Ya, when I was growing up I was lucky to have some older friends that were musicians. Got to see some great stuff when I was a youngbuck...

KMFDM
MyLifeWithTheThrillKillKult
Nine Inch Nails and David Bowie
Sonic Youth
Pantera
Major Accident
The Misfits w/ Michael Graves
Pavement
Sebadoah
The Vandals
Rancid a few times
2Skinnee Js
Gwar
the Royal Crown Review
the Jesus Lizard
Primus
Type O Negative
the Dropkick Murphys before they became shit
Coinmonster
Psychic TV
and on and on...

High school was fun...

oh oh I want in lol....heres my highschool memory list......

Pink Floyd
Gwar
Gorilla Biscuits
Fugazi
Gutter Mouth
NOFX
Local H
Ween
Blink 182
Bad Religion
Texas is the reason
NIN and Marilyn Manson
Earth Crisis, Misfits, and Gwar
Nirvana
Mighty Might Bosstones
Jurassic 5
Primus and Helmet
Refused
Doughnuts
Boy Sets Fire
7 Seconds
Black Flag
BOLD
H2O
Civ

Wow Mike thanks for that trip back.....there is so so so many more. I went to shows 2 to 3 times a week. God I miss being young......

VonYinzer said:
Ya, when I was growing up I was lucky to have some older friends that were musicians. Got to see some great stuff when I was a youngbuck...

KMFDM
MyLifeWithTheThrillKillKult
Nine Inch Nails and David Bowie
Sonic Youth
Pantera
Major Accident
The Misfits w/ Michael Graves
Pavement
Sebadoah
The Vandals
Rancid a few times
2Skinnee Js
Gwar
the Royal Crown Review
the Jesus Lizard
Primus
Type O Negative
the Dropkick Murphys before they became shit
Coinmonster
Psychic TV
and on and on...

High school was fun...

Good list...

Yeah, my high school years were filled with:

Metallica (pre-black album)
Anthrax
Dio/Sabbath
Armored Saint
S.O.D.
D.R.I.
C.O.C.
Misfits (w/ Danzig)
Minor Threat
Dayglo Abs
Replacements
G.B.H.
Buzzcocks (gonna see 'em Friday)
Bad Brains
Black Flag
Dead Boys
Exploited
Agnostic Front
T.S.O.L.
7 Seconds
Vandals
Ruin
NoMeansNo
False Prophets
Dead Kennedys
Circle Jerks
Descendents
and of course, Social D

and a s**tload of local bands that no one ever heard of...

Y'all brought me back to 1988...

Ya... Its weird. Ill be listining to some old cd or something and think, "shit... I saw this band. 15 years ago. wow." Been to soooo many shows. I honestly havent been to a decent concert in a few years. Sad. One of the best ever was the Dropkick Murphys, w/ the Hudson Falcons in Atlanta about 11 years ago. It was nuts. The Jesus Lizard was crazy good live too, as is Tool. Havent seen them since 97 or so though. Seeing Bowie and NIN together on stage was fucking amazing though. The opening band was called Prick. They were on Reznors Nothing label. Havent heard anything from them since around 2000. Really cool band though if ya ever get a chance to listen.

muzak said:
How great was Ween back in the day? I love that band.

They were awesome. I went to school with "deans" sister. they used to play in new hope all the time when I was in high school like 94 to 96.

Mike...I have heard of prick but never really listened to them. NIN with Manson was insane. It was 94 I beleive before anyone knew who manson was....

Best show by far was Primus with Helmet opening.

VonYinzer said:
I remember seeing Pavement a million years ago at a music festival in Pittsburgh. I was young, maybe 14 or so. They were great. Been listining ever since.

Hey Mike - checking a local concert website out for good shows, and found out Pavement's coming to Philly on Friday September 17; Mann Music center.

zero__zero said:
Hey Mike - checking a local concert website out for good shows, and found out Pavement's coming to Philly on Friday September 17; Mann Music center.

If I'm still working in Pittsburgh then, I will definitely be there.

Word on the street is that they started painting the downstairs apartment....should be accepting new tenants any day now..... who's in????!!!

so, who's up for going out this weekend?
it may be time for another trip to the dive, i'll provide some entertainment serenading jo :p
other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom