Philly and surrounding area BANTER THREAD!

muzak said:
Please do. I was curious if they/one of them were into cafe bikes or something.

The old drummer who is no longer with them is into bikes. Apparently that is an older t-shirt.

Note: DO NOT LET PLATE FALL OFF BIKE. lol That was a $54 Mistake that wont happen again. Im spot welding the nuts.

My new side project...

get-attachment-2.jpg

get-attachment-9.jpg

I'd like to think it's not as bad as it looks (especially inside)...but I'm hoping it looks something like this when finished...

parilla_175.jpg

todd, that thing rocks! where'd you pick that up?

go! said:
todd, that thing rocks! where'd you pick that up?

Up in the Reading area...it's actually from a friend of mine's father. He bought it for $50 from the original owner back in the 70's, and it's been in a barn ever since. He has the rest of the parts, but he's just been sitting on it and decided to do some cleaning out. We're actually gonna get crackin' on it next weekend - I've gotta see if it's worth doing, since he said it was in a flood. I'm hoping that when I open up the clutch cover, rust doesn't pour out...

It's a 200 that was raced, so it may have had the 239cc conversion. I need to get at the numbers to see what it is.

Great find Todd! Looks like you will have your work cut out for you though!
(is it just me or does the fuel line look new compared to the rest of the bike?)

I too picked up a new bike!

1977 Yamaha XS360. The guy made his own exhaust, put on R6 rear sets, and he made a seat but far from finished. He decided he needed some money in a jam and sold it to me for far less than what its worth. Oh it has such potential! I did a few minor things like remove the ugly plastic front fender and other wierd plastic protector things, and put on some mirrors. Done 8 miles in it so far and man does it sound and feel good!

It obviously needs work for it to become mine, but DAMN I am enjoying being able to ride again!

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

GroovyAardvark said:
Great find Todd! Looks like you will have your work cut out for you though!
(is it just me or does the fuel line look new compared to the rest of the bike?)

I am not sure what's up with the fuel line - the bikes in a few pieces...I'm going to Reading this weekend to futz with it, after checking out the killer warbirds at WWII Weekend at the airport up there.

Excellent bike, Leigh! Glad to see you're on the road again. I had the Norton in the city on Saturday, and was gonna stop by, but I couldn't get ahold of Bob before I left the city...

Zero, I was on my brown Bonneville with wife on back on Saturday. We rode Kelly drive and Roxborough thru to Chestnut Hill. Lemme know when you come down again to go for a brit ride. Would have been cool to have seen you on the road!

NoLibT140 said:
Zero, I was on my brown Bonneville with wife on back on Saturday. We rode Kelly drive and Roxborough thru to Chestnut Hill. Lemme know when you come down again to go for a brit ride. Would have been cool to have seen you on the road!

We probably passed each other - I went through Chestnut Hill and Manayunk down to Kelly, then on to Old City.

I'm pretty sure I've got your number in my phone still - I'll give a ring when I'm heading in (or give a ring if you're heading out).

whats going on here?? The Pitt boys are trying to show us Philadelphians up! I for one cant stand for this. Who wants to get drunk!!!!! I mean, work on bikes!! I mean, ride working bikes!!!! YEAH!! But seriously, we need to meet up again gang. Unfortuneatly this weekend looks out for me but perhaps a midweek happy hour is in store? Let me know!

bob.

eeee bobbert! today is the day! i'm about to leave now, actually. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bobdot said:
whats going on here?? The Pitt boys are trying to show us Philadelphians up! I for one cant stand for this. Who wants to get drunk!!!!! I mean, work on bikes!! I mean, ride working bikes!!!! YEAH!! But seriously, we need to meet up again gang. Unfortuneatly this weekend looks out for me but perhaps a midweek happy hour is in store? Let me know!

bob.

I'd most definitely be down for this - set it up! Also, doesn't Abbaye in NoLibs do a 2-wheel Tuesday thing?

zero__zero said:
I'd most definitely be down for this - set it up! Also, doesn't Abbaye in NoLibs do a 2-wheel Tuesday thing?

I'm in for two wheeled tuesday but I only live 4 blocks away. I gotta do some loops of the drives first before I go. My bike will not even be close to being warmed up. Most of the time I walk or ride my bicycle there. It would be great to get a group to ride up together.

NoLibT140 said:
I'm in for two wheeled tuesday but I only live 4 blocks away. I gotta do some loops of the drives first before I go. My bike will not even be close to being warmed up. Most of the time I walk or ride my bicycle there. It would be great to get a group to ride up together.

As soon as I can fix my headlight (or hook up NVGs to my Davida), I'll be down for this - as I found out this weekend, I've only got a pilot light...

anyone want to get together before i go away? :'(

Back
Top Bottom