Let's see your pickup trucks

fomocoguy said:
New guy here, and since the bike is nowhere near picture worthy yet here's a couple shots of my truck. It's a 1969 F250 crewcab 4x4. One of 641 built for 1969.
100_7023.jpg

100_2016.jpg

It had a factory 360 V8, but I just got done installing a 300 inline six that I built for her over the last few years.
100_7077.jpg

That thing is a beast!

Oh nice, I figured you didn't just slap some paint on a crate motor haha! Awesome stuff!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fomocoguy said:

Man that's perty. You know... for a Ford. :p

Just bustin ya chops ;) That's one really nice looking Bumpside. No frills, all business :D

fomocoguy said:
New guy here, and since the bike is nowhere near picture worthy yet here's a couple shots of my truck. It's a 1969 F250 crewcab 4x4. One of 641 built for 1969.
100_7023.jpg

100_2016.jpg

It had a factory 360 V8, but I just got done installing a 300 inline six that I built for her over the last few years.
100_7077.jpg

I love that inline 6, probably the sturdiest and most dependable engine ford ever made. Only two things will kill them in a normal situation no oil and no water. I love those dang engines.

*EDIT*
By the way is that the clifford 4 barrel intaked manifold and fuel injected exhaust manifolds. Do you know what kind of power your making?

I had an inline 6 in my old 82 Granada. Bullet proof but half the time you had to turn the key off in gear or even reverse for it to stop. It liked to diesel.

Wow man, you don't see a lot of guys modding the ol' 300! I had a couple 69-72's also, with both the 360 and the 300 (even an old 223 I6), and I honestly couldn't tell which I liked better. The inliner was a bit less fooling around to keep running, I think. And as you say, gobs of torque. I overheated mine in the mountains one time--the thermostat broke and jammed closed. I took it out on the side of the road and refilled the engine with water from the creek. It got me home, and with never any ill effects.

Man its good to see old Ford iron running around. Sweet crew cab, too!

Man, thanks for all the positive comments guys! I thought ya'll could apprieciate her. I love that truck; I think they'll have to bury me in it. ;D

Haplo, that is indeed a clifford intake and efi manifolds. It's got 9.0:1 compression, a crane 901 cam (advanced 5* by a Cloyes adjustable timing set), a light port and polish, Clfford 4v intake, 500 Edelbrock, split manifolds, and a copper .021" head gasket that puts my quench right at .040" so I can run a lot of timing with no spark knock.
My guess on power is probably 225 hp and 400 lb ft of torque. Slghtly less hp than my 360 had, but alot more torque.

Slghtly less hp than my 360 had, but alot more torque

Ahhh nice!
Love me an inline with their Cylinders arranged the way God intended.
Not too many hop up the old 300 six anymore, 'twas more common back in the olden days with the GMC lumps.
I'm gonna have me an old Bew-gick straight-eight one of these days. ;)

fomocoguy said:
Man, thanks for all the positive comments guys! I thought ya'll could apprieciate her. I love that truck; I think they'll have to bury me in it. ;D

Haplo, that is indeed a clifford intake and efi manifolds. It's got 9.0:1 compression, a crane 901 cam (advanced 5* by a Cloyes adjustable timing set), a light port and polish, Clfford 4v intake, 500 Edelbrock, split manifolds, and a copper .021" head gasket that puts my quench right at .040" so I can run a lot of timing with no spark knock.
My guess on power is probably 225 hp and 400 lb ft of torque. Slghtly less hp than my 360 had, but alot more torque.

You wouldn't happen to be on the fordsix forum would you?

Hoosier Daddy said:
Ahhh nice!
Love me an inline with their Cylinders arranged the way God intended.
Not too many hop up the old 300 six anymore, 'twas more common back in the olden days with the GMC lumps.
I'm gonna have me an old Bew-gick straight-eight one of these days. ;)
I just like to do things different I guess. If I saw a truck identical to it tomorrow I'd probably sell it the next day. ;D

haplo_84 said:
You wouldn't happen to be on the fordsix forum would you?
Well, I was on there when I started the build, but felt like the good ol' boys club that's on there weren't real interested in being helpful so I bailed. Found a great builder on another forum that gave me tons of great advice and really helped me out.

fomocoguy said:
Well, I was on there when I started the build, but felt like the good ol' boys club that's on there weren't real interested in being helpful so I bailed. Found a great builder on another forum that gave me tons of great advice and really helped me out.

lol, yeah those guys are more into discussing the technical bit of the engine than giving up any trade secrets. The only truly helpful one i found on that forum was frenchtownflyer. I was actually really jealous of something he had which was one of 4 prototypes crossflow heads made by ford and he only was able to get it because he used to be an engineer for ford.

Here's mine. 94 Dodge 2500. Needs new oil pan, but otherwise a fine driver. Scored it for $950. Came with the flat black rattlejob, but I'll probably give it a new rattlecan job soon.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 261
Damn Rat, major surgery! Resto-modding or just repairing?

I snapped this one of my Stepside last Saturday at a local Cruise Night...
night_day_zps4cb80a97.jpg

I saw it as kind of a "Night and Day" comparison :D

Repairing. The plan was remove my floor pans, replace 727 with 833OD and replace rocker while I was at it. I kept finding rust... I bought the tranny 6? years ago and have been collecting parts since and have finally have had the space, time and lack of need of the truck to be able to do it.

The bell housing is made for ether a big or small block and the flywheel works both ways too. If I get my 86 4x4 up and going my Dad will probibaly give me his 440 and I can have the time for that one.

Removing 727,

601645_10152596059425361_1116468391_n.jpg

New clutch,

883050_10152605092750361_937262457_o.jpg

I put the bell housing on first then the transmission without the shifter.

374377_10152605145540361_214632719_n.jpg

Then this before I started the rocker.

894779_10152636205115361_1373485466_o.jpg

Not exactly a pickup but here is my daily. Nissan Navara (frontier) with a 3.2L 4cyl Turbo Diesel that runs 18psi. It started as a N/A with a small exhaust and now it it has a custom Garret T25 with a 3inch straight through exhaust from the dump. Nothing to hold up the flow. She has full underbody plates and 31x11.5 muddies. At 2.5tonne it isn't the quickest but still has enough guts to be a lot of fun. Here is how she sits now and a video of a bit of fun in a mud pan.
attachment.php

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GCwP77ryuGU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom