www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Let's see your pickup trucks  (Read 51418 times)

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
Re: Let's see your pickup trucks
« Reply #270 on: Jan 04, 2017, 16:37:43 »
I've got my eyes on the 2015 F150 - was thinking about trading my Golf in against it now that we're a 2 car family again (wife has a Fiat).  But, I 'need' a truck perhaps 2-3 times a year, and for the difference in fuel costs, I can rent one when I need it.  Not to mention parking a full size truck in Toronto is challenging.

But I do like them.  I had a 1978 F150 (reg cab, long box - wish I still had it) and an extended cab short box 1986 F150, both back in the mid 90's when I lived out in the country and had to haul my own trash to the dump etc.

Now, I need a 4x4 in the spring to get up the road to the cottage and would like the extra cargo.  For bikes, honestly, I'm getting too old to manhandle them into the bed of a truck anyhow so a nice trailer will fill the void and be hauled by the Golf.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Drewski

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • "Invictus Maneo" - I remain unvanquished!
« Reply #271 on: Jan 04, 2017, 17:08:25 »
I had an '08 as a company truck for a few years. Great vehicle. The iForce V8 is a beast.

You should like this much better than the Ford I am sure, FIL has one and they are great, well built trucks.

Yup, I'm sure I'll be quite happy with the Tundra.  :D
The Kawasaki Line-Up:

"Keepin' the Good Times Rolling"

STREET:
'02 zrx1200r "DailyRider"
'05 zx10r "RetroLookRacer"
'77 kz1000/zx10r "Superbike"  

PLAY:
'74 kv75 "Pitbike"

TRACK:
'81 GPz/kz550 "TrackBike"

FOR SALE or GONE:
'75 s1-250 Triple "Survivor" 4 Sale
'99 zrx1100 "euro-style" 4 Sale
'74 h2b/FZ "Mongrel" GONE!!

IN PROCESS:
Seaglider's '74 h2b Tracy/FBG
Drewski's '71 h1a/750 "Gentleman's Hammer"

Offline ridesolo

• "Illegitimi non carborundum"
« Reply #272 on: Jan 04, 2017, 18:58:47 »
Yup, I'm sure I'll be quite happy with the Tundra.  :D

That'll be excellent for hauling your bikes to the track.

My Tundra is a'07 as well.  Great truck; it did an excellent job dragging my 7,000lb (more or less) travel trailer the 1000+ miles from Ohio down here to the Gulf Coast of Mississippi.  It's got lots and lots of power, is comfortable, and rides good.  About the only thing I'd change is make the gas tank at least 10 gal bigger. 
“Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart.”
— Baron Manfred von Richthofen

Please check out:  http://www.VetTix.org

These are on a low simmer out in the shop:
'75 Honda CL360: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=56547.0
'70 Rupp Roadster: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=67459.0

Offline doc_rot

• Oh the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
« Reply #273 on: Jan 04, 2017, 20:57:00 »
95 Tacoma prerunner. 2.4L 5 speed. Great bike hauler with low bed height and get 27mpg on the freeway. Coming up on 350000 miles with only routine maintenance since new. I love this truck.
---------------------------------
'78 KZ1000  Project

'80 KZ750 Twin Project

Offline Twiz73

• Lifelong Harley Tech trying something different
« Reply #274 on: Jan 05, 2017, 10:14:28 »
2001 Ford F150. 33" Nittos, 2 in lift. And under powered!!
1980 Honda CB750C
1967 Camaro SS
2011 Camaro SS

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
« Reply #275 on: Jan 17, 2017, 17:32:06 »
Took the Stepside out to lunch last weekend.

Joint called the Truck Farm Tavern.
Pretty good food. Reasonably priced.
The place is vintage truck and farm themed, and they have two Ford Model T's out back.

A 1913.

And a 1923

Both run and drive too :)
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.

Offline ApriliaBill

• Yeah...I'm old school.
« Reply #277 on: Jan 17, 2017, 19:54:19 »
I'm impressed by many bikes on here, but am blown away how bitchin a lot of these trucks are. Here's my meager offering, yes like many on here, I have a 49 Chevy. A good ten footer, paint is shit and she wanders everywhere. As soon as the BSA is sorted, I'll start getting some work on this ol' girl done. I want it satin black and lowered a bit. She is my errand truck, 0-60 in about 2.5....minutes. I have a 78 GMC short/wide that spends a lot of time covered in mud as my D.D./fishing truck.
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2017, 19:55:04 by ApriliaBill »
"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #278 on: Jan 18, 2017, 18:26:36 »
That truck is too pretty.
Don't be Hatin :P

Bill, an AD Chevy was my first choice when I went looking about a decade ago. But they were either in too good of shape (ie. out of budget range), or they were piles of crap (and often still out of budget). Still on the lookout though :P
Post up some pics of your Squarebody. Would love to see it ;)
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

Offline ApriliaBill

• Yeah...I'm old school.
« Reply #280 on: Jan 18, 2017, 20:27:53 »
Don't be Hatin :P

Bill, an AD Chevy was my first choice when I went looking about a decade ago. But they were either in too good of shape (ie. out of budget range), or they were piles of crap (and often still out of budget). Still on the lookout though :P
Post up some pics of your Squarebody. Would love to see it ;)

Here's a pic after fishing today. Covered in mud. I do have to say, I was very lucky. This truck was built by this guy for his Nephew, who decided he didn't want an "old" truck. The body panels, all brake lines are new. The engine and trans were rebuilt. About the only thing it needs is a seat cover. I went there on a Sunday with $4,003.62 on me and he took it. He had $1,900 in the trans alone. Two new gas tanks, new wheels and tires. I paid less than he had in the Engine and trans. Nothing special, 178 h.p. 350 v8. She's a great truck and looks good clean, which is hard this time of year driving through the mud to get to my fishin holes. She's not big, she's not badass, but she's dependable and haul's my bikes just fine, and some how never gets stuck in the mud. I went yesterday to a hole and there was 4-5 4X's, all the guys asked if I needed a tow out. I smirked and said, she's never stuck me yet.....
"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."

Offline Drewski

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • "Invictus Maneo" - I remain unvanquished!
« Reply #281 on: Jan 18, 2017, 21:57:33 »
Love, love, love trucks!  ;D  They're all super cool in their own unique way.  8)

Mine's going to be a practical every-day truck and, as hard as it is to say this,... no messin' with this one.  :-\  ;D

I'm really into that Stepside Redbird! Very nice.  8) :)
The Kawasaki Line-Up:

"Keepin' the Good Times Rolling"

STREET:
'02 zrx1200r "DailyRider"
'05 zx10r "RetroLookRacer"
'77 kz1000/zx10r "Superbike"  

PLAY:
'74 kv75 "Pitbike"

TRACK:
'81 GPz/kz550 "TrackBike"

FOR SALE or GONE:
'75 s1-250 Triple "Survivor" 4 Sale
'99 zrx1100 "euro-style" 4 Sale
'74 h2b/FZ "Mongrel" GONE!!

IN PROCESS:
Seaglider's '74 h2b Tracy/FBG
Drewski's '71 h1a/750 "Gentleman's Hammer"

Offline WhyNot

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • ~~~If it ain't raining, I'm riding~~{iii}?~~prost~
« Reply #282 on: Jan 19, 2017, 06:49:51 »
I'm impressed by many bikes on here, but am blown away how bitchin a lot of these trucks are. Here's my meager offering, yes like many on here, I have a 49 Chevy. A good ten footer, paint is shit and she wanders everywhere. As soon as the BSA is sorted, I'll start getting some work on this ol' girl done. I want it satin black and lowered a bit. She is my errand truck, 0-60 in about 2.5....minutes. I have a 78 GMC short/wide that spends a lot of time covered in mud as my D.D./fishing truck.

I love these trucks, wish I could find one around here at a decent price.

Looks good, man.
2006 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
1975 Honda CB750K5 needs carb work
1974 Honda CB350F2 needs tins painted exhaust
1972 Honda CB175K2 roller no engine
1972 Honda CB/CL350 Engines need roller
1972 Honda CB100K2 needs kicker shaft
1990 Mitsubishi MM needs engine rebuild

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #283 on: Jan 19, 2017, 18:41:18 »
Here's a pic after fishing today. Covered in mud.
Nice!
You don't see the GMC's much around here.

Offline Butchy65

« Reply #284 on: Jan 19, 2017, 20:17:30 »

2016 GMC Canyon only hauled 3 bikes so far : )

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON