Burgh meet-n-greet

beatnic

Coast to Coast
This may have gotten lost in the Pgh drinking thread, but there is going to be a get together at Jim's shop in Bethel Park. Wednesday ( 10/20 ) evening. We're going to bust out the grill and have a few drinks. Stop out and say hi, meet a few of the members. Best cure for the crappy weather, beer and bikes. =)

5417 Enterprise Blvd
Bethel Park 15102

I will be at my shop all day long wednesday so anyone that is coming out is more than welcome to come out anytime. Shop number is 412-253-3841 if anyone has any troubles finding us or if you got questions.

Ok guys, Jim and I are going to have another get together on Tues the 16th ( make it a monthly thing ). Stop out, have a drink, have some food, and bullshit with fellow DTT'ers. =)

Cool Mike! You can check out the progress on the 400, plus Jim just picked up a CB350 =)

I will be parking my work van in the parking lot to make my shop easier to find this time.
It is big yellow and says Alchemy Upholstery on it. We will be in the last garage in the back of the building.
My work number is 412-253-3841, give me a call if you need help finding us or have a question.

And if you came last time I am sorry but there won't be any homemade perogies this time.
But I will get some beer.

beatnic said:
This may have gotten lost in the Pgh drinking thread, but there is going to be a get together at Jim's shop in Bethel Park. Wednesday ( 10/20 ) evening. We're going to bust out the grill and have a few drinks. Stop out and say hi, meet a few of the members. Best cure for the crappy weather, beer and bikes. =)
5417 Enterprise Blvd
Bethel Park 15102

I'm a little fuzzy on my Bethel Park geography. Lived there for a couple of years but mostly grew up in Baldwin. Used to go to dances at the Bethel Park Roll-Arena. But, man, was that a LOT of years ago (maybe 50???)! How about some directions? And, please, don't suggest MapQuest. I use a dial up connection and MapQuest is SLOOOOOOOWWWWW!

from irwin, you could either get on the parkway to town or rt30 to rt48 to lebonon church road? let me know the easiest route for you towards the south hills and i'll give you more specific directions.

It's been a few years, but normally I take Parkway to Swissvale, down Beechwood Blvd. to Hi-Level bridge (yep, I still call it that), out Streets Run Road and pick up Lebanon Church Road that way. Then out to where Rte. 88 goes into South Park and up over the hill into Bethel. It's probably been 12-15 years since I was out that way so I imagine that traffic and some of the roads have changed. Point is, I think I can find my way in from that direction.

There used to be some other back roads from here to there (what the heck is the name of that ex-drive in theatre that became a flea market???) but I know most of them are closed. Typical PennDOT sign, "Temporary Improvement, Permanent Inconvenience".

Just out of curiousity, any other Pgh'ers interested in any form of racing???

perfect...if you are at the 5 way intersection ( lebanon church to broughton, left onto baptist at light, entrance to s.park ) on baptist, getgo is on your right, and entrance to s.park on your left, go straight thru the intersection. you are now on south park road. go thru 1st red light ( brightwood ) at second red light, make left onto industrial blvd ( there is a family video at the light on left ) make the 3rd left onto enterprise blvd.

5417 enterprise blvd. front of building says zervos construction, we are the last garage on the right side of the building.

I've had my gsxr at nelson's ledges; mid-ohio; beaver run; and keystone raceway, all track days, no real racing. a lot of my friends raced distric 5 gncc, and i've spent tons of time at local races with them

beatnic said:
perfect...if you are at the 5 way intersection ( lebanon church to broughton, left onto baptist at light, entrance to s.park ) on baptist, getgo is on your right, and entrance to s.park on your left, go straight thru the intersection. you are now on south park road. go thru 1st red light ( brightwood ) at second red light, make left onto industrial blvd ( there is a family video at the light on left ) make the 3rd left onto enterprise blvd.

5417 enterprise blvd. front of building says zervos construction, we are the last garage on the right side of the building.

If memory serves me right, isn't the first light where you cross the streetcar tracks? Or am I showing my age????? Industrial Blvd. is just before that little dog-leg isn't it? If so, that's the same road Bethel Roll-Arena used to be on. Man, are you bringing back memories! Also used to go see Porky Chedwick at the Broughton Fire Hall.

Unless I get exceptionally busy, see you all there. What is the considerate guest bringing???? ;-))

Your memory is right on. The bethel roller rink building is still there, but now they make rubber products.

If you have a favorite beverage you'd like to bring, great, a story or two even better, but meeting more DTT members is gift enough.

So we're going to have our monthly get together on the 14th this month. Stop by and say hi.

We're having the monthly get together March 22nd. Stop by, say hi, and get motivated to get your rides ready for the spring!

Hopefully make it down.. any likelyhood of having these on Friday nights? I'd be way more likely of coming knowing I didn't have to rush home late to be at work the next morning..

Just a thought

Back
Top Bottom