Local Rides and events.

john83

Over 1,000 Posts
Does anyone know of any upcoming vintage or cafe events? If so please post details here. I haven't been living in this area very long so I would love some more info on the local happenings.

Two events that I attended last year and that were worth the drive were Bull City Rumble and Barber Vintage days.

BCR is in Durham North Carolina and is thrown by the local Ton Up club. All the local DTT members attend as well though. It's a long drive from here but it's a blast.

What can I say about Barber? It's only the biggest vintage bike festival around, has three days of vintage bike racing, has the Barber motorcycle museum, is the coolest thing I've ever been too and is only 2.5 hours away. Totally a blast.

Please populate this thread with anything else that you know of around this area!

Didn't make it Bull City this past year, but Barber was phenomenal... Depending on what you ride there's the Triumph Dragonraid. Other than that I can't think of much off the top of my head, hopefully there will be a few cafe bikes again at the Great American Motorcycle show.

What's the Great American Motorcycle show? And when is it? I'd like to go to the Triumph Dragon Raid and British in the Blue Ridge but neither is what I would call 'local'.

I agree Barber was the best thing ever. BCR is a lot of fun too because, having lived there, I know a lot of local guys. A bit of a hike though.

john83 said:
What's the Great American Motorcycle show? And when is it? I'd like to go to the Triumph Dragon Raid and British in the Blue Ridge but neither is what I would call 'local'.

I agree Barber was the best thing ever. BCR is a lot of fun too because, having lived there, I know a lot of local guys. A bit of a hike though.

Great American Motorcycle show http://www.northatlantatradecenter.com/cycle.html
Mostly V-Twin stuff but every once in a while there's stuff there.

Well the Dragon Raid, and British in the Blue Ridge are probably more local than Barber, and def. closer than BCR.

Well, the Great American Motorcycle Show looks cool, more "chopper" oriented than I usually go for. Depends on if I have the $12 to get in that weekend.

Haven't heard anything about Caffeine and Octane, you'll have to enlighten me again.

Barber is only about 2.5 hours. The museum alone is worth a trip, I think that'd be a good thing to plan for a spring or summer ride.

john83 said:
Well, the Great American Motorcycle Show looks cool, more "chopper" oriented than I usually go for. Depends on if I have the $12 to get in that weekend.

Haven't heard anything about Caffeine and Octane, you'll have to enlighten me again.

Barber is only about 2.5 hours. The museum alone is worth a trip, I think that'd be a good thing to plan for a spring or summer ride.

Yes lots more chopper stuff there...

Caffeine & Octane:
http://www.caffeineandoctane.com/

Barber is Great, not a great ride (no real good routes there)... Actually a bunch of us are planning on riding cages over at some point later on this month or next month if you're interested I'll let you know when we decide.

Yeah, make a new post i you are going to go over there. The museum is so motorcycle oriented that it's worth it even if you go in a cage. My parents and I have been talking about riding over there when it get's warmer. It's not too bad of a ride. Not blue ride parkway or anything but nice country roads and small towns.

This Caffiene and Octane thing looks like fun. We will have to hit that up at somepoint. That would make for a nice Sunday morning run.

john83 said:
Yeah, make a new post i you are going to go over there. The museum is so motorcycle oriented that it's worth it even if you go in a cage. My parents and I have been talking about riding over there when it get's warmer. It's not too bad of a ride. Not blue ride parkway or anything but nice country roads and small towns.

This Caffiene and Octane thing looks like fun. We will have to hit that up at somepoint. That would make for a nice Sunday morning run.

It's not a bad ride over, but it's def not twisties that's for sure. I can say for certain I'll be riding the cage back over for vintage days this year. Just SO much more efficient.

Last year another member from NC was going to Barber with his bike in the back of his truck. He stopped at my house and I threw my gear in the back of his truck so I could take my bike over to Barber. If he is going to Barber again this year we may do the same thing.

The Top-Side Twins will be meeting up over at Summit's in Cumming tomorrow (Wed) Night 7pm.

The do trivia as well if you're interested...

Anyone else planning on Riding up to the Ton-Up NC Bike show in Hendersonville, NC on April 28th?

We're going to have a group ride up I'll post the info if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom