1966 Ducati 160 Monza Jr

A valiant effort - Curious how much do you have invested in this beauty?

Here's a good source for cone filters.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-DT250-MX-76-78-Clamp-Air-Filter-Pod-Chrome-48-/160524016112?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item255ffa19f0

Thanks again for the comments guys. While it was a fun project, it's kind of strange in that it seems the finished product doesn't look "custom" enough to appeal to those guys, and it's not a stock anything so it doesn't really appeal to the resto crowd either. It was a bit overshadowed in it's first outing with all the factory prototypes and ex-racers around it at Ducstock! Oh well, I like it. I'm hoping to put some miles on it next season, we'll see how that goes.

As for how much I have into it... well, I lost track. Or more to the point stopped keeping track so I'm not really sure. I think it's about half what I put into my 750 GT rebuild. More than what I've seen any 160 Monza Jr sell for, anywhere, in any condition... :-[ More than what a new CBR250 would cost and less than what a 696 Monster sells for.

The project that may never see the light of day is being built up from leftover/cast off parts. I'm reluctant to put much money into it so it's slow going. The main reason it will likely never see the light of day though is I have one more single I'd really like to build, and some of the major parts I have on this (engine, forks, wheels) may go toward that instead.

Here's a sneak peak of what I'm dealing with. Like every other mock up I've shown, don't take it too literally, things are going to change before it's all said and done.
hardtail.jpg

Yep, I'm building a hardtail Ducati. Maybe. ;)

I just ran across this thread- you have done a phenomenal job with the little 160- Beautiful work . . . I stumbled across a '65 250 Scrambler that had been converted to a racer a few years back, snatched it up. Then, the fellow contacted me this week and asked if I wanted his '66 Monza . . . silly question ;)

I love these little singles, totally hooked. Can't wait to see how your 250 turns out.

Thanks, I had fun with it. With a top speed of abtou 55-60mph it's not all the practical aroundhere but it's fun when the time is right for it.

My other two projects have come to a grinding halt it seems, I try to work on the 250/350 but the hardtail hasn't been touched in ages.

Your Monza looks pretty nice, very original except for the bars. Nice score. :)

Poking around the new site and noticed this in my sig...

Doesn't seem like six years since I posted about it. Time flies when youp're having fun. I don't have this bike anymore but I kinda miss it. Not to ride, I just like looking at it. Oh well. In other news, I saw a 160 up for sale, the guy was asking $10k Canadian for it.

Dream on my friend, dream on... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom