Tampa Bay, Florida!!!!

Been to quite a few bike nights at Quaker. It's a good time.

You're young (Same age as I), check out SoHo on a Friday night, usually a good size group of guys ride out to MacDinton's. Then go to Drynk SoHo, Hyde Park Cafe, or World of Beer. A group of about ten of us used to ride out to The Dallas Bull every Thursday night, always some bikers there.

I used to meet up with a group of guys at Oceans Prime at International Plaza. I'll call a couple of then and see if they still go.

i could care-less about bar hoping, i rather be helping someone work on their bike/car/truck/van or anything or just b/s and grill at someones garage. I'm trying to find a spot and have a swap meet of sorts and get a bunch of people to come out.

what bikes do you have and where do you live? i'm over by biff burger

I'm not in Tampa at the moment. But, Harbour Island, over by Channelside, and Clearwater Beach.

To put it simply, to meet people, you'll have to get out and find them, and most of the bike crowd is younger and gets out and bar hops. I never really see any café's around Tampa/Clearwater, sport bikes predominantly.

I don't know if you're native to Tampa, but young, old, and anywhere in between goes out. It's unlike anywhere else I've lived.

We had the same idea about a swap meet and will be putting something together probably at Churchhills in Miami in Oct or November.

Come on out nov 10th..

https://www.facebook.com/scorpi.orides.3#!/pages/Scorpio-Art-and-Vintage-Rides/191565224311039

Bringing this thread back from the dead! Couple of buddies and myself live around here in Tampa. We've been looking for some other guys we can meet up and ride with. Maybe we could schedule a meet up and see how many of us make it out, possibly make it a monthly thing if everyone is down.

sounds good to me! where are you guys located at? ST. Pete or tampa? i live near biff burger and have a few bikes im working on and a bunch of tools and a lift. im just trying to hang with other people that are into bikes and wrench and hang. im currently rebuilding the top end on my 1974 DT175 so i can do a little street and trail and i need some help syncing the carbs on my CB360 so im trying to share some knowledge and get everyones stuff going.

let me know

Cool we're in Tampa, just east of downtown. I've got an old Honda 4 and couple of my friends have some old yamahas. We did a nice little ride the other night, met up at the westshore AMC (get to ride around the parking garage and listen to the exhaust reverberating off the walls, sounds sweet!) then we headed down westshore to a little side street that we took through south Tampa and hyde park to bayshore, through channelside and then down 7th in Ybor where we stopped at a pub and got some drinks and stuff. So you're over in St. Pete so maybe we can figure out some kind of ride/meet up that's somewhat in the middle for all of us.

that would be cool. i hope to be putting the finishing touches on my 74' DT175 this weekend and then i need t sync the carbs on my 74' CB360.....are you or any of your friends good at syncing carbs? i have the sync gauge set just kinda lost on how to get it right....let me know im off all weekend so even if you guys would want to cruise over and just BS at my garage i'm always down to shoot the shit and talk shop.

my names Anthony by the way just shoot me a PM

I'm about 15 minutes away in mad Beach. No ridding lately, just wrenching. Check PM 's. I need All the info and ideas I can get.

Went to the cycle gear bike night in pinellas park last night. Not many bikes, but the staff was very friendly and a nice alternative to the henchmen on gandy

I live just south of Tampa in Apollo Beach 813. I have owned many bikes Im 38 and married. Short list
1996 Buell Lightning S1
1986 Yamaha Vmax
1977 and a 1978 Harley Davidson 1000 Ironheads
1976 Honda CB750 Cafe (Miss so bad)
1979 XS1100 Yamaha
1976 XT500 Yamaha
late 90's Yamaha Virago XV535
In the market for another late 7o's early 8o's bike Kz1000 CB SR
Cannot wait to get backk in the scene Steve I will be posting up when I find one again.

Checking in from Ocala here. I've been to the Quaker State in Pinellas Park on Wednesday nights before. Its a fun time but its a haul for a middle of the workweek outing... If you are looking for a destination ride, try Gator Joes here in Marion County.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=29.040495,-81.929073&spn=0.001155,0.002064&t=h&z=20
http://www.gatorjoesocala.com/

Its a nice little lakeside beach bar.

Hey, im in Clearwater, work in tampa. I have a honda 1969 cb175 Just got it runnin good after a i did a top end rebuild and fixed some other issues. Rode to work a few times, so far rides strong, had a issue today but fixed easy enough i think. Might hit up bike night Quaker steak Wed.
Always up for riding and wrenching.
puqa9a2a.jpg

ahu5a2ah.jpg
my8udyja.jpg

I also own a Honda ruckus and do a lot of rides around Tampa,st.pete,Clw. but my ruckus only does 45. There's a bunch of ruckus riders around here. Some can do 60+
aru8aqur.jpg
2aneneju.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364353636.907767.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364353636.907767.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 421
cool bikes. i e-mailed you back last night. i never made it to sake bob i was super tired and went home instead. right now im working on some electrical issues on my 1974 DT175 and after that i'll be dialing in my 1974 CB360. once i get that running i think i'm going to sell it and try and find a 350 or 450. i have a two car garage with a full motorcycle lift, parts washer, buffer, and a bunch of tools. i think i like working on them more then cruising them around but maybe thats because i wrench more than i ride. trying to meet up with more people who want to wrench, build dumb shit, go ride and camp out and just hang in general. no into the bar scene and rather go explore shit. if anyone is interested let me know if they want to hang

I'm in tampa, north tampa, right next to cahill's yamaha. Got a 73 cb350G ive had for a year and fuckin around with. Barely rode it. Got a friend whose helping me with it and has a cb450.

I'm looking for a CL exhaust around here if anyone's got a decent one for a non ebay price

I try and ride from Oldsmar to StPete for first friday. Sake Bomb is fun and there were about 30-40 riders in and out most of the evening. Some really good looking Jap bikes. I usually ride in from Treasure Island.
Check it out!

Back
Top Bottom