What's the best advice you have heard...

I have literally no idea how the rabbit hole led me to this thread, but it did, and I like it.

Here's a few of my favorites, as I am a welder by trade, and being a welder is 50% skill and 50% being able to make and take sarcasm....

"a grinder and paint makes a welder what he aint"
or
"weld er' thick and grind er' slick"

Used to be in my signature:

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream.

And one from a tech school instructor:

Engineers design things, technicians make them run.

Cut towards your buddy not your body....
'If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.'

irk miller said:
And one from a tech school instructor:

Engineers design things, technicians make them run.

Sounds like one of my 'throw away' lines when I was teaching at MMI ;D

I had a poster up for a while on my door at the school that said:

"knowledge is the only thing you can truly own, for you can sell it or give it away and still keep it"

I always liked that one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It may be just an old song but it applies to life just as much as it applies to playing cards:

"You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run. You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table, there'll be time enough for counting when the dealin's done."

movie-star-news-kenny-rogers-smiling-close-up-portrait_u-L-Q116I6U0.jpg

IAMBLAMB said:
To this effect I read somewhere, " Flying is as easy as jumping and aiming to land on the ground but missing.

Douglas Adams, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

"There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."

500 years from now, nobody's going to now the difference. That was the best. Next best was if you can get up and walk away it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom