So... Jenn FINALLY has a build thread: '71 CB350

Well I'm glad I could sell you that piece of junk. I know you and Mr. E will have that thing whipped into shape in no time. Let us know if you need any help. Hopefully we'll get up there this summer and help with some wrenching.

I will tag along for the ride. I offer help in the form of pithy comments and a willingness to drink that last beer for you. I'm sure E has no real use for it anyway.

john83 said:
I will tag along for the ride. I offer help in the form of pithy comments and a willingness to drink that last beer for you. I'm sure E has no real use for it anyway.
E wouldn't drink beer ::) ha.
Ok, but seriously... the Porch Rocker is all yours, fella. What was left after you left was disliked by everyone. ;)

Not a whole lot to update from tonight. I did some grinding and got the frame smoothed out where the old seat pan had been roughly welded on.

IMG_20130701_022010_1_.jpg

20130701_003632.jpg

I also made my grocery list. Ha.

20130701_004913.jpg

Next step will be pressure washing/degreasing the frame and prepping it for primer.

Ooo I might have a pair of grips I would like donate.
The best price carb manifolds I found at the local Honda dealer. Granted mine are cb360s but check dealer.
Also, I found correct fork seals at the local Honda dealer. (I bought a pair off ebay a long time ago. They were wrong). My forks are 69 CL350s

found em. They are new, dusty but new. I imagine w a yank on the caps they could be "customized" for bar end mirrors. Let me know and I will try to mail em today.

grips_zps9748706d.jpg
[/URL]

Hell yes, great start Jenn, I have confidence that this is going to turn out great!

Oh an get you some gloves next time yer grindin'.

JohnGoFast said:

Agreed on that. I once had an angle grinder jump out of my hands when I turned it on, and it cut a big notch in one of my knuckles. Now, I NEVER pick up an angle grinder without putting on big, heavy welder's gloves. They can be had at Harbor Freight for about $5.

trek97 said:
found em. They are new, dusty but new. I imagine w a yank on the caps they could be "customized" for bar end mirrors.
I haven't checked into my options yet. Lemme do that and get back to you, if that's cool? :)

JohnGoFast said:
Hell yes, great start Jenn, I have confidence that this is going to turn out great!

John & Alpha... Thanks for looking out for me. I did wear gloves last night. And long sleeves.
It let me get closer to the sparks. ;D

haircuttergirl said:
I did wear gloves last night. And long sleeves.
It let me get closer to the sparks. ;D

I have been known to wear my welders leather sleeves when I grind. Those sparks can sting! I also like to wear a full-face shield. That way my face does get so dirty. <G>

danejurrous said:
Stripped down and grinding away already eh? :p
You know it. :D
AlphaDogChoppers said:
I have been known to wear my welders leather sleeves when I grind. Those sparks can sting! I also like to wear a full-face shield. That way my face does get so dirty. <G>
I got right down into it. Have a few small holes in my shirt now.

Might be kinda weird but... getting into what I was doing and having sparks fly all around me... was exhilarating. In a hot kinda way. Ha.

Nice to see you digging into the project so quickly. I'll be following along, the bobber idea should be a winner minus the lace paint job :p

About time you found one to work on. Now try not to wheelie this one (unless you stay on) ;D I JK I JK

Gary

gk45011 said:
Nice to see you digging into the project so quickly. I'll be following along, the bobber idea should be a winner minus the lace paint job :p

About time you found one to work on. Now try not to wheelie this one (unless you stay on) ;D I JK I JK

Gary
Hahaha you made me LOL :p
Ok, be open-minded on the lace... don't think grandma's lace doily... think... lingerie. It'll be hot!

I rode yesterday. No wheelies. Stayed on. ;)

haircuttergirl said:
Have a few small holes in my shirt now.

I know a guy who caught his shirt on fire.

haircuttergirl said:
Ok, be open-minded on the lace... don't think grandma's lace doily... think... lingerie. It'll be hot!

Using lace or lingerie as a painting mask is an old school technique used by backstreet chopper builders back in the 60's. I have used the technique myself with tremendous success.

http://alphadogcustoms.com/BuildBlogs/paint/SnakePaintJob/

haircuttergirl said:

I rode yesterday. No wheelies. Stayed on. ;)

nothing wrong with lingerie. I have seen plenty of bob/chop that have looked outstanding with the lace job. Just like to give a hard time.

Pictures or videos of the wheelies or it didn't happen.. LOL

Gary

Back
Top Bottom