Garage or Shop Construction

OJ

Been Around the Block
I was not able to find a general thread for garage or shop construction, best practices, ideas and other discussion, so time to start one. There must be many skilled construction guys on this site and I know that I can contribute more on construction topics than motorcycle building items, so that's another reason why I want to start this thread.

So first up, my own little garage. 12' x 20' little shack that is just large enough for wife unit's SUV, but not with my shit in the garage. The main reason for not going any larger is the small lot that we have and the need to have some backyard for the little ladies. Right now we can park both of our vehicles behind the garage on snow clearing days. The foundation is 6" concrete slab, and construction is pretty simple 2x4 at 16" centers with 8' inside height. Insulated 9'x7' overhead door, OSB sheathing and factory painted cement board siding. I have no insulation in there yet, but will do my typical painful insulating and sealing job there and using R12 rockwool insulation on the walls, and one layer of R12 and one R22 in the ceiling. Got the electrical done just recently and picked up an 240 V 5000 watt electrical heater today. That heater should be able to heat that little shack up.

The photos are from when I got the siding up so no landscaping in yet.

index.php

Back
Top Bottom