hats off to victorian cafe guys

garfeildsdog's Idea sound's like a great way to go to? But hey I live in Ballarat, lucky to get 60 day's riding a year! "Fair weather rider!"

keep in mind a rwc is a legal document, and if you sign it you assume all responsibility for it. and a person who begs for a favour or 50, will also very happily sell you down the river to the cops without a care: "but i just got it road worthied by xxxx".

i used to do rwc when i worked at a dealership, and the amount of pissing and moaning and abuse over all sorts of things turned me into a real nazi on principle. so if they're hard on you it's most likely because of the last 100 bitching, lying arseholes they had to deal with. one bloke told me, as i was about to ride his bike "the speedo's not working, but don't worry about that, it'll be ok" and then screamed abuse at me when i failed him for that and various other things.

if you turn up with a bike that's clearly not roadworthy, then you can't expect to get one. make sure you know what you're going to be tested on, and prepare. i'd always say start with an original bike, get it done then start playing. proving you can do it is a complete waste of time, as you seem to have found out. all it's doing is costing you money and time and agro, it's not worth the effort if you can avoid it. if it's not going to pass, it's not going to pass. if it's something you've spent a lot of time on and that's obvious then the person failing you will probably apologise for having to do so, but that's the way it is. remember they didn't make the laws, but you made your bike the way it is.

i'm very happy to not be involved with them. and since i stopped doing them they've been made tougher, with photos required, etc.

Makes me glad that my build bikes will be club registered, no good if you'll be using as a daily ride but fine for the type of use they'll get :eek: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/PermitsModificationsAndDefects/OtherPermits/ClubPermits.htm

You would think also if the mechanic gave you a list and you rectified this list that you would be good to go ??? wtf.

brad black said:
keep in mind a rwc is a legal document, and if you sign it you assume all responsibility for it. and a person who begs for a favour or 50, will also very happily sell you down the river to the cops without a care: "but i just got it road worthied by xxxx".

i'm very happy to not be involved with them. and since i stopped doing them they've been made tougher, with photos required, etc.

Up here in lovely backwards Queensland we can still get away with the old "You modified it after roadworthy as far as I know" from a few old mechs. They are getting stricter but no where near Vic.

gotta agree, do it stock THEN modify, though too late for you mate.

i just put my Vmax on classic but still had to get RWC cos the BSA club require one, got pinged on noise (who'd have thought Supertrapps would be that loud, reduced them from 7 plates a side to 1 and changed them back as soon as i got home) and non ADR'd brake lines (i had braided but had to go and buy a cracked shitty 25 year old set of stock ones which then passed.....)

i have just heard that RWC's may cease to be required for classic reg as if you present a RWC to the club you intend to register thru then the onus is placed upon the club itself to ensure that the bike remains RoadWorthy at all times, something i'm sure most clubs won't want to be taking on legally'

the other option is find a club that doesn't require a RWC in the first place. apparently the club whose show we went to today ( classic custom japanese m/c club ccjmc.net.au ) doesn't worry about RWC and are happy to register most things, not just classic jap. may well look into them for when i get the honda ready to rego

Back
Top Bottom