modified, aftermarket, or custom. nothing is safe (78 KZ1000)

Brodie said:
Lines look odd on the fender but if they were straight I think it would look the part.

Nice work.

good idea. There was something off but i couldn't quite place it.

that really looks bitchen :)
i have huge respect for you painters, huge
back to my normal self,have you addressed the chain slack
??

thanks. I wouldn't consider myself a painter, I do buy good products/tools to compensate for my skills so that I can get the results I desire.

The paint turned out pretty good. there are a few blemishes here and there that you will only notice if you really scrutinize the paint, but I'm OK with it. There is some weird stuff going on with the clear around the stripes so I'm going to do a light sand to knock back the high spots and then another coat of clear before I buff it out.

Attachments

• IMG_3524.JPG
    IMG_3524.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 280
  • up.JPG
    up.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 280
here's a few process shots

Attachments

• IMG_3510.JPG
    IMG_3510.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_3516.JPG
    IMG_3516.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG_3518.JPG
    IMG_3518.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 273
  • IMG_3521.JPG
    IMG_3521.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 272
yeah that was a good call on that, thanks Brodie.

Think the painter on mine buried the graphics in 5 coats of clear then "cut and buffed" the whole surface. Zero line definition result.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

thanks guys. starting to get pretty close to finishing this thing.

Sorry Tune, bike stuff is mostly just a hobby for me. If I was trying to profit off of it it would make it less fun. I actually really do not enjoy painting, it stresses me out. so much can go wrong with so much money in material on the line.

The front wheel spacer My buddy turned for me left a little to be desired, but at the time this was the only stock we had so not his fault. I remade it to cover the oil seal and make it a bit more sanitary.
I got a start on the brake mounts. I bored all the holes and then used a thread former to cut M10x1.25 threads. It was my first time using a thread former, and man they are trick. produces no chips, so no backing up every quarter turn, longer tool life. better in every way. I'm never going to by a traditional tap again. I also bored the recesses for the caliper and cut them out of the plate. II still need to clean up theoutside and I want to do some pocketing, How much material do you think i can safely remove? I was thinking about having 1/4" think walls and bottom.

IMG_3541_zpsee2uvolp.jpg

IMG_3542_zpsxyxsnvwe.jpg

IMG_3532_zpsagmimudf.jpg

IMG_3530_zpsccwnytp9.jpg

IMG_3544_zpsclhofdbb.jpg

IMG_3547_zpswi2oehwk.jpg

IMG_3548_zpsookzdfho.jpg

IMG_3549_zpsdpg0jqoe.jpg

IMG_3550_zpsnt9s2vkd.jpg

Spacers cool, but I don't think it should transfer any load to that hub shoulder. Hope you have a few thou clear, most use an abs dust cap no load.

Thanks. there is about .03" clearance between the hub and the flange and the wheel spins freely.

Yeah Doc, I just had to ask :-[

Look... millings... jet cut, nope yep. lol But yea... why not cut all the way, maybe you cant to keep shit from flying or to complete end ops (tap holes) in a sturdy cage then release the material for final detail?? What up Doc? lol

slikwilli420 said:
I do quite a bit of waterjet work, how were your brake brackets cut out? Why only cut them out part way?

You were the one who gave me the idea to try this out actually, had them water-jet cut at a local place. It was an experiment. I figured since the parts would need a fixture for the cuts and I have to pay for the drops I would turn the whole sheet into a fixture by just throwing it in the vice. This allowed me to only have to index one hole since I had a cad drawing I could quickly bore and tap the remaining holes using a digital read-out. In the end it didn't really save me much time or from having to make a fixture as I had to make one to finish the outside edge. The connecting parts to the sheet are only on straight sections of the parts so I should be able to mill them flat pretty easily. I maybe have 100 hours on the mill so I'm still learning here.

Back
Top Bottom