modified, aftermarket, or custom. nothing is safe (78 KZ1000)

Brake mounts are finished. I started planning out to do the pocketing cuts and shit started getting way too complicated so I just eyeballed em, having a CNC here would be awesome. I'm not a fan of tooling marks unless they are super even (like a CNC), so I blasted the pockets and gave everything else the brushed treatment. I noticed one of the forks is weeping fluid so rebuilding those will be up next.

Attachments

• IMG_3566.JPG
    IMG_3566.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 280
  • IMG_3567.JPG
    IMG_3567.JPG
    909.7 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_3568.JPG
    IMG_3568.JPG
    892.8 KB · Views: 275
Those bolts were just to check fitment, I have some stainless ARP 12 point bolts that I plan on using.

doc_rot said:
Brake mounts are finished. I started planning out to do the pocketing cuts and shit started getting way too complicated so I just eyeballed em, having a CNC here would be awesome. I'm not a fan of tooling marks unless they are super even (like a CNC), so I blasted the pockets and gave everything else the brushed treatment. I noticed one of the forks is weeping fluid so rebuilding those will be up next.
hey man you dun proud with those ,bravO
annndd ,they will speak to you, unlike satins cnc work :D

Glad it turned out so well. The water jet is my go to, way cheaper than a full CNC mill job and I have a guy local who likes fun projects.

Got the paint cut and buffed. I burned through a tiny spot on the tail but its not very visible so I'm cool with it, also some flaws in the stripes on close inspection but not bad for first time doing that or the polish.

Attachments

• IMG_3606.JPG
    IMG_3606.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 254
  • IMG_3608.JPG
    IMG_3608.JPG
    935.8 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_3609.JPG
    IMG_3609.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 257
  • IMG_3611.JPG
    IMG_3611.JPG
    758.4 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_3612.JPG
    IMG_3612.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 250
Doc, that paint looks awesome. This is going to be one sweet KZ once all buttoned up! Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Nice! Man, as much work as it takes to mask it all off so many times, painting those stripes sure was worth it! That red looks awesome.

thanks guys.

only one last major hurdle before start up, the dreaded wiring.

The wiring was my favorite part on my build. Very satisfying when you turn the key the first time, and everything works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

540Nova said:
The wiring was my favorite part on my build. Very satisfying when you turn the key the first time, and everything works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That burble when she turns over for the first time is so sweet.

Don't worry I haven't forgotten about this. The last 2 months have been super hectic, dealing with finals, work, the holidays, then I was in Mexico for a week and now I'm farting around doing some upgrades on my buddies kz650. I almost have his bike finished and the 1000will become a major priority as I plan on using some of the parts I made for it in my portfolio to get a better job this summer. I just finished polishing his engine covers up, turned out nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 768
Back
Top Bottom