Police

WeberKid

Coast to Coast
Got pulled over today. Nothing unusual - i get pulled over a lot. I thought I'd made a thread where people can share their police experiences:
0b3a93a8ba8e11e3a30512d73215a791_8.jpg

in this particular instance, I saw the cop pulling out of the station and changed my route towards the nearest town border. As I approached, the blues came on. I don't have any mirrors on my bike so unless they blow the siren, I generally don't notice, but I'm guessing he thought I assumed I could just jump the border and must have radioed ahead. I pulled over and he didn't know what to make of my bike. The other two cops from the neighboring town didn't even come over to look at it - I'm guessing they didn't want to deal with me. After they left, I found out the cop was a buddy of a friend of mine and we chatted bikes for a bit, and he didn't care about the mirrors anymore.
;D
Lesson to be learned: Newbury is moto friendly (Georgetown is NOT)

glad you got out of that. cops here would just tell me they know my friend and still give me the ticket.but some days are better than others

WeberKid said:
in this particular instance, I saw the cop pulling out of the station and changed my route towards the nearest town border. As I approached, the blues came on. I don't have any mirrors on my bike so unless they blow the siren, I generally don't notice, but I'm guessing he thought I assumed I could just jump the border and must have radioed ahead. I pulled over and he didn't know what to make of my bike. The other two cops from the neighboring town didn't even come over to look at it - I'm guessing they didn't want to deal with me. After they left, I found out the cop was a buddy of a friend of mine and we chatted bikes for a bit, and he didn't care about the mirrors anymore.
;D

Why'd you head out of town? Because you don't have mirrors?

WeberKid said:

Or just mount a mirror on there and don't worry about being pulled over anymore? Added bonus -- you can see behind you more easily.

SONIC. said:
Why'd you head out of town? Because you don't have mirrors?

Because both routes took me in the same direction, but one route was outside of the jurisdiction of the officer I knew was tailing me - where more often than not they decide to leave me alone. This time, not so much.

carnivorous chicken said:
Or just mount a mirror on there and don't worry about being pulled over anymore? Added bonus -- you can see behind you more easily.

I'm not really looking for suggestions, nor sympathy. Just informing others.

WeberKid said:
I'm not really looking for suggestions, nor sympathy. Just informing others.

Exactly. You're a rebel! My suggestion was for anyone else reading this thread who might like a tip on how to avoid getting pulled over by the fuzz so they don't have to start a thread about how they keep getting pulled over by the fuzz.

3 cop cars V 1 biker ? :eek: :mad: What were you doing, robbing a bank ? [where's the WTF smiley?]

I got pulled over on my way to the courthouse last week when I ran a stop sign. Then it turned out the stuff I needed at the courthouse wasn't there so the whole thing was a waste of time. I was in my minivan though so I won't take a picture of it; instead, here is a lamp we have made from an elk leg.

a8e8uhuz.jpg

No wires, it runs on dog farts filtered through an alligator head

y9ahyqy2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom