Take 2: CB750K2 Steampunk(ish) Bobber Thing

Noddy78 said:
A few clearances issues to sort out...

IMG_3098.jpg

Well that stinks.

Aye, sure does. I knew I was going to have to modify the other end, but not the headers.

What's a bobber/chop without a little rake? It does suck you have to mod it though but just add the rad and go for it. ;D

Ok, so house is nearly complete, work is getting a bit slow... must be bike time! I've been busy ordering all sorts of bits and bobs to get a good go at this thing over the Xmas break. I've got some custom fender blanks coming from Western Australia, I've shortened those pesky exhaust headers (just waiting on some bling before I weld them back together), stripped the tank and split it in two because I thought it was full of rust (it wasn't, but still needed to split it for other things anyway), learnt to lift-start TIG (how nice is TIG welding!?), and made some handlebar switches.. twice. Well, 1 and half times anyway. I think that's the bulk of progress so far...

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

Switch-housing attempt no. 1:

IMG_3287.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

Sooo... attempt no. 2!

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3308.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

Success! And then my inherited el-cheapo bandsaw broke so I'm waiting on some new tyres for it to split the switch housings...

Coopacoopacoopa said:
I have a weird thing for copper and brass tied in with motorcycles. ;D

Me too. ;) A bit of a rough mock-up (fenders need to be shaped and modified to fit right, but it's starting to look like a motorcycle):

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg

Rightyho, been busy over the holidays mostly with fabrication type stuff and haven't really taken many photos of the progress.. but, cut down the exhaust system and re-positioned and re-welded so it all fits nice and snug and hopefully leaves enough clearance for the front suspension travel (and added some extra bling). Finished off the switches and finally got the oil tank brazed together. Ended up getting me ol' dad to give me a hand on that one after a few botched attempts, but has come together beautifully (IMHO). Also been getting some more wooden bits together to start on the seat and for a few other detail pieces. Also been butchering the tank repair a few times, but I think I've got it sorted now, so that's the next thing to try and finish up. Hope is to have this thing on the road within 6 months... Aaannyyway, a few pics:

_MG_3970.jpg

_MG_3977.jpg

_MG_3979.jpg

_MG_3982.jpg

_MG_3972.jpg

So I've been doing a few bits and bobs over the last few weeks. Finally got some guards back that fit nicely, lowered the gauges as they were sticking up way too far, installed the battery box and piped in the oil tank. Also made a buck for my first attempt at making a tank because trying to fix the old one was giving me the shits...

Guard mounting is next on the list. Then having a go at the tank. Then there's just front remote MC brake set up, rear brake set up, tail light/number plate bracket, indicator mounting, seat, cabling and wiring. Then powder-coating and electroplating and I'm almost somewhere near a functional motorcycle... I wonder if it will actually go...

_MG_5341.jpg

_MG_5345.jpg

_MG_5362.jpg

Holy hell! I just found this and.. what can I say but WOW. Not my style of bike but I love it. I really admire all the detailing and the way you have done it, learning and experimenting as you go. Full respect, and please do keep upsetting the purists Great, great bike, thanks for posting

Wow, what a great addition. How did you bolt the mounts into the lower fork - were the threads there already or did you have to tap them?

Pure class. Love your ride.

Back
Top Bottom