Aftermarket Honda 360 Cam Chain Slipper and Tensioner - Pre-purchase

Is this still open to pre-order? I may not need one, but I want at least one.

The prototypes have been completed and shipped out to me. I'm expecting them in a week or so. Now accepting volunteers for testing.

To be a volunteer, please ensure you meet the following criteria:
  • Have a running Honda 360
  • Be comfortable removing your rocker box multiple times to install and inspect the new parts
  • Be confident in your ability to inspect and measure both the cam chain tensioner and guide
  • Be able to commit to travelling at least 100 miles in the next 30 days (preference will be given to those willing to commit to more miles)
  • Provide objective feedback on the performance of the part and be able to provide pictures after the part has been used for the duration of the test

Also, as this is a prototype part, we accept no responsibility for the quality of the part or any damage that may or may not arise from its use. That said, here is our recommended procedure for testing and using it:
[list type=decimal]
[*]After each time the part has been installed adjust the cam chain tension, ignition timing, and valve clearances as per the manual. Stop the tests at any time if the part appears to be wearing abnormally or not functioning up to factory standard.
[*]The first time the part is installed and used, idle the engine and allow the bike to come up to operating temperature. Remove and inspect the part.
[*]Take the bike for a short ride, allowing the engine to cover most of the RPM range. Remove and inspect the part.
[*]After your first fuel up, remove and inspect the part again.
[*]At the end of the testing period, remove and inspect the part.
[/list]

If at any time, the part does not appear to be up to factory standards, please provide me with pictures, measurements, and a description of anything that was out of the ordinary. All volunteers may keep the parts free of charge.

Count me in, I need to see what my oil gallery drilling mod has done for the cam anyway. I can easily do short runs (15-20miles) most evenings after work with at least one 100 mile run every week/every other week. Just all depends on mother EFFING nature. I may start riding it to work if I know I don't need my work truck.

A lot of my riding is at road/hwy speeds though if that matters, usually between 4k-8k. Need to go buy some Hondabond again thooo. ;)

I've got a whole summer off to test if you need. I've put 1500 miles on the bike in the last month.

Just completed Paypal transaction for two sets. Unfortunately I can't volunteer to test.

Well that's just a beautiful sight. :)

OK, volunteers. Please send me your addresses!

Attachments

• IMG_0931.JPG
    IMG_0931.JPG
    635.2 KB · Views: 341
Pm Sent!

You want us to do the install factory like the supplement for the manual has us do? I'll have to go find the correct threaded rod again since I lost the last push bar tool I made.

They look great btw!

Sonreir said:
Well that's just a beautiful sight. :)

OK, volunteers. Please send me your addresses!

WOW, they look Beautiful....look like Stock......PERFECT!!!

Thanks, Franz!

And yes, please. This is meant to be a direct replacement for the factory part. Treat it like you would the OEM one.

Hmmm what is dis that is sitting on my desk from today's mail?

su4y2ybe.jpg

Seems Matt has given me something to do this weekend.

y2udygur.jpg

First impression is great, parts look to be well made although I guess time will tell how well they hold up.

I gathered my collection of blades for comparison, so far the only real difference is new blade is slightly shorter than OEM. New blade is on top

8y2e9u9e.jpg

esybybah.jpg

And some side by side see if you can pick it out.

y7uduvet.jpg

y9u4ezu4.jpg

They will be going in the bike possibly tonight or tomorrow depending on what the wife has planned. My best set of blades is in the bike currently, tensioner was brand new 1500ish miles ago, should be able to make a good comparison between them in a month.

Thanks for the opportunity to test Matt, I'll try to ride the bike as much as I can.

Test #1 done just waiting on the bike to cool off. All parts checked out within tolerance according to manual specifications. I did NOT bother using any sealant on the valve cover since it is coming right back off anyway. No issues getting the blades in and out.

Idled the bike for 15 minutes which in my hot ass garage is more than plenty to get clutch cover hot to the touch let alone the top end. No abnormal sounds or no problems so far.

I would be tearing it back down tonight but have been informed by the wife we have a birthday BBQ to attend tonight. I guess I can't pass up beers and burgers.

Alright got the top back off and the blades out and this is what I got. Nothing is broken but I'm getting some funny things. I've never had NEW stuff to play with, just 30+ year old parts so I don't know what to make of this.

xgfuy.jpg

l7wje.jpg

qr6y5.jpg

I have no idea why there are little dimples in the blade, I know they are impressions of the lobes on the cam chain. There is also some slight wearing on what was the bottom side.

The guide has some funny looking marks as well.

3twfc.jpg

aqq75.jpg

7iyf.jpg

Its really hard to get a good picture because the guide is so shiny but the dimples/markings whatever go from top to bottom.

All of this is after 15 minutes of running followed at least 24 hours cool time. I'm planning on putting them back in and doing the run around for about 5-10 miles unless someone thinks that unwise.

I'm getting mine installed tonight. I'll be able to give you another perspective tomorrow if you want to hold off. I'd be more concerned with tearing or any other loss of material.

Alright sounds good, I was more worried about the heat distortion I'm guessing I'm seeing on the parts. I did let it get nice and hot and shut it down with minimal air flow to cool off. Just like it would get any ride.

Back
Top Bottom