Disappointed with Slipstream Cycle Works

konstant1n3

I never write negative reviews and try to work with people but the matter has escalated to this point.
I ordered a set of Rear sets for my cb350 on 3/25/14 and made a prompt payment that day. Waited a week and nothing at my door step no tracking number on my paypal account. I Messaged J-Rod10 asking where the package was and for a tracking number

His response on April 7th 2014:
"They should have gone out. I'll get you the tracking number in the morning when I get back to the shop."

waited till the next day still no response. sent him a few more messages
April 8th 2014:
Could you send that tracking number

Apr 15, 2014:
Sent my payment on 3/25 didn't get a tracking number till 4/9 package still hasn't shipped out. What's the hold up? I have called your number listed on PayPal, sent an email and still no response. If there is still no response I will have to file a complaint with Paypal. This is just poor business conduct on your part.

Finally His response on Apr 15, 2014:
J-Rod10 "If a label was printed, the package should have been picked up by the USPS the next day. I'm heading into the shop here in the next half hour or so. You will have your set by the end of the week."

Received my package on April 17 2014 I was quite excited to finally install them. Sadly i noticed that not all the parts were there. I was missing connecting bolts between the Heim joints and the shifters. Even more of a let down when i noticed the joints on the linkage rods were misaligned, causing the heim joints to bind and not properly thread to the rods. i sent J-Rod10 a reply back with pictures describing what was going on

Replied to me April 17 2014 saying that he will have the parts sent in the mail by tomorrow.

sent him a message on April 25th 2014 asking for a tracking number for the parts. with no reply

Forward to May 6th 2014
Still nothing in the mail no tracking number sent. Pretty upset that till this day i don't have my bike on the road. Sure i could make up a new set of connecting rods and just buy some bolts to get everything fitted. But i spent over $200.00 on the set and was hoping that everything would be there. In conclusion I'm pretty disappointed with the service i have received from J-Rod10 I believe i have given him more than enough time to remedy the situation. Hopefully this post will elicit a response back from him. I just want to get my cb350 back on the road.

The fact that it shows on the forum that he is currently online and posting and still doesn't respond back to me is irritating...

I hope everything is ok with your friends and family and those that you have helped regarding the tornado.

The rear sets were sent out on April 16 2014 20 business days after payment. Electronic shipping Info doesnt count as being shipped. they are shipped on the day that they are picked up and billed that day from the sender
2dvmo2v.jpg

on this page it clearly shows bolts that connect the rods
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=54953.0
IMAG0452_zps7372c45d.jpg

picture of the heim joint and the connecting rod. Please don't insult me asking if they thread or not. If they threaded fine i wouldn't be asking you for new parts.
1250uvp.jpg

And no i haven't received the last set that you have sent, again i wouldn't be asking you for new parts if i did receive them and i wouldn't of started this thread had i received them.

I'm not insulting you, I do however find it highly odd that the first and only problem I have ever had with rods, at two rods per set, thousands of rods, you got both of them. And out of the batch of 50 that were made that day, the only two with any issue.

The heim joints were threaded all the way down before they were put in the box, and pulled to allow the box to close.

J-Rod10 said:
I'm not insulting you, I do however find it highly odd that the first and only problem I have ever had with rods, at two rods per set, thousands of rods, you got both of them. And out of the batch of 50 that were made that day, the only two with any issue.

The heim joints were threaded all the way down before they were put in the box, and pulled to allow the box to close.

Also, the hole in that rod is 1.6" deep, if the hole were running at the angle the heim is sitting, it would have blew through the side.

I built a jig to hold these rods perfectly straight in my mill. It is not possible to drill or tap a hole crooked. The only possibility of error would be for them to be indicated in incorrectly, and the hole be slightly off center, however, it would still be straight up and down.

According to the first post, they were ordered on 3/25/14. UPS received them at their sort facility on April 16, which is 15 business days later. Business days do not include weekends or holidays. So if you count Passover, he was ahead of schedule. I don't understand why you want to run someone's name through the mud over this.

He says he makes them as they're ordered, probably to help keep cost down, and not end up with unsold parts, who knows when someone might come up with a new design that everyone wants. This method undoubtably take longer, but otherwise you don't get that fresh rear-set smell. :)

Edit: also no one else's rearsets being sold come close to how complete these kits are. So he takes a while. Waiting sucks, being patient is hard.

I don't understand how this OP is having these problems considering how they're made.

Nor do I, as I have sold well over 1,000 kits in the last year, equaling 2,000+ rods without one hitch. Yet he got two bad rods out of a batch with no other problems, and those two were made at separate times in the batch. All he has shown me is the pic above where they haven't even began to thread. They were laced up with the heims prior to putting them in the box with no issues.

Even so, I have made him another couple rods and sent them.

LOL people expecting results of a mass producer from a small time shop that does work on a as needed basis and then gets angry.

Silly OP.

I want it custom made for my yamazuki 350L model 2 series B, but in red, not silver, yes, I want them to be in stock, I expect you have many sets made for my application, in red like I want, instead of silver like the rest, yes, I do expect them to ship today. Also, I need the left one an inch longer than the right. Also, I will call you today to check to see if they're shipped, no I won't leave a message, I am assuming you are paying someone to sit and wait for the phone to ring, since they didn't pick it up, I'll call again in 5 minutes, then in another 5 minutes, then in another 5 minutes.

Haven't heard anything from you in a few days.

Tracking shows that your new rods are out for delivery.

I'd he happy to PayPal you a few bucks to cover the shipping of the original rods back to me. I'm curious to see what your issue was.

I'm no genius,but it looks like a case of cross thread. Ant-seize is your friend.

Still haven't heard back from you, e-mail or on here.

I'd like to PayPal you what it'd cost for you to send the two rods back to me to look at.

J-Rod10 said:
Still haven't heard back from you, e-mail or on here.

I'd like to PayPal you what it'd cost for you to send the two rods back to me to look at.

What a shitty customer, he hasn't even responded.

I just read this and want to give you a big old Cheers for standing behind your shit mang. Bravo and Good job. Op get your ass back here and eat this mofo's shoe ! ::)

Still have yet to hear from you. Did you just want another set of linkage rods or something? I don't see the issue in sending back what you got on here to bash me over after I replaced them.

No disappointment here! Had a good series of communications and bought a seat that was good quality, shipped quickly, and packed well. No complaints, I'd recommend.

Back
Top Bottom