NC help for Triton rebuild

stowaway

stumblin', bumblin', rumblin'
A friend is shipping me a '58 Triton, 650 Thunderbird with Bonneville head. It's a roller but engine and gearbox are disassembled in a box. He's a trusted and extremely knowledgeable source who insists it's all there but assembly. Well, I believe it needs 28mm carbs but the rest should be there.

What's the best rebuild book for that setup? I'm handy but don't have much experience on bikes.

Anyone in NC want to stop by when it gets here later this Fall to lend knowledge?

Truth is I plan to sell it, so it would be interesting to know the scale of interest in the bike as-is before I go to the trouble of assembly.

Where abouts in NC are you?
If you can make it, attend the Bull City Rumble in Durham in a few weeks.
If you can't make that, look up "British in the Blue Ridge" as another key opportunity to connect with the right folks in person.
Another options could be Ironworks Motorcycles in Greensboro, NC. He knows his Brit Bikes.

Welcome!

I'm in Cary, just outside of Raleigh.

Thanks for the pointers, I'll look into all that. Might stop by the Rumble if I can make it.

let me know what you want for it before you even start

i even have new amals for it lol

I'd be happy to hear in a PM what you might be interested in giving for it. ;)

Can provide pics when it's delivered, but haven't nailed down when that will be.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic (i.e., pray for guidance) or serious (i.e., there's a book that those in the know would call the restoration bible), but I assume the latter. I'm not familiar with what restoration book that might be.

if it is here for the rumble pm me and i would like to see it and see if it really is all there and what is there

and we can go from there

Back
Top Bottom