DT100 Hipster Build (mantra: nobody is doing it)

Anybody that finds floppy chukka boots or moccasins or elf shoes acceptable or at the least non-repulsive. Anybody that believes their beard is fashionable. Anybody that believes whispering and xylophones is music. Anybody that thinks they can adorn a house with dumpster loot and not look like a bum. Anybody that loiters at a coffee shop to be "seen" wearing their latest Bozo interpretation. Anybody that strives to display their electronics as a status symbol. Anybody that has ever held a eulogy for a tree. Ironic, I know, but that's the point, isn't it? Anybody that believes vinyl records are the highest quality form of audio recording technology. Anybody that believes "gluten" is a different thing depending on who asks, yet none of which are correct nor reasonable excuses to avoid it. Anybody that will bear the rash of flannel, simply to prove their desperation to be noticed. Anybody that waited for motorcycles to lose their "cool" status to begin riding one. Anybody that believes "cafe racer" was not actually a derogatory term. Anybody that has ever sought a ukulele rendition of a heavy metal classic, and intentionally played it repeatedly in the company of other poseurs and even normal people in the hopes of garnering some reactions such as criticism, approval and confusion. Anybody that believes the phrase "art is expression". Anybody that has ever expressed their self with paint, or "hip and original" mediums like power-washers, toothpaste, their own fluids or coffee. Anybody that believes university college is anything more than an indoctrinating institution or that they actually teach anything. Anybody that believes a bartering system has ever actually worked in any society, ever, and believes it's the only system that can work while they finger eachother's ego with the latest achievements of capitalism and somehow believe these things could exist without it. Anybody that has to ask what year something was created before they judge whether they like it. Anybody that believes "vintage" means old or from one particular age. Anybody that finds a gas-lamp acceptable on a modern vehicle. Anybody that buys pre-weathered clothes new. Anybody that buys new clothes only to artificially weather them.

If you haven't learned, the post you replied to as well as this and all other posts are sarcastic and exist only for my own amusement.

If you haven't gotten the point of this thread that it is one of sarcasm and is only for my entertainment, then you my friend have erred. This bike is my insult to hipsters.

I am planning on filling this bike with every hipster stereotype possible, why? Because I can, so if there is some ridiculous idea you would like to share, bring it on, I had a friend say to wrap the tank in flannel, that might just work.

xb33bsa said:
lash a bottle of astroglide to the rear mudflap with a ball gag

Not sure about this one, I think it would be better to put a compartment under the seat for this, maybe next to the cream for the chick's flannel rash.

I'm not sure if I made it clear that this one (Piper) will be for a hipster chick, though I am sure all the stereotypes still apply.

plagrone said:
Buying a DT100 tomorrow. Watch out, SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING IT

Well of course they are, but they are just posers who saw mine and wanted their own. The name Piper is taken though, you will have to come up with your own poser hipster name for yours. If you come on my scene I'm sure hipster chick will want to dance fight you West Side Story style.

Has anyone done an integrated LED tail light/turn signal light in their seat?

I am trying to figure out if I would have to switch over to 12 volts or if I could run it on 6. If I could find an LED headlight, LED turn signal bulbs and LED integrated tail light that would run on 6 volts that would be awesome.

Things are slow at work today so I started looking for inspiration for my seat, I have a local guy who does really good work that I will have doing the upholstery. I really like this two tone Dime City seat with the diamond stitching, but I like the profile of the black one better. I will be using my stock seat pan since it and the frame hoop are already a really good profile. I will need to do a little work on the seat pan to make the light integrated, but it almost looks like it was made for it. The last pic is what I am trying to stay away from.

Attachments

• dcc-originals-two-tone-diamond-stitch-leather-wrapped-cafe-seat-5.jpg
    dcc-originals-two-tone-diamond-stitch-leather-wrapped-cafe-seat-5.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 373
  • with this profile.jpg
    with this profile.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,097
  • integrated rear.jpg
    integrated rear.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 1,097
  • brown integrated.jpg
    brown integrated.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 341
  • not this.jpg
    not this.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 357
New shipment in today, some mirrors and grips, still waiting on a chain, air filter and brake lever for my communion this weekend. Decided to start with some foam grips to see how much vibration will be a factor with this ride.

Attachments

• IMG_20141121_093732.jpg
    IMG_20141121_093732.jpg
    782 KB · Views: 349
Got everything but the chain, but this should be enough to keep me busy Sunday morning

Attachments

• IMG_20141121_143753.jpg
    IMG_20141121_143753.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 358
Got my tail light put together

Attachments

• IMG_20141123_114146.jpg
    IMG_20141123_114146.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20141123_090247.jpg
    IMG_20141123_090247.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 351
Got my front buttoned up, put on grips, mirrors, brake lever, lubed up my cables, cut up my gauge bracket and welded it back together to mount them lower, I still need to drill a hole for the oil light and clean it up a lot, I admit I haven't welded in about 8 years, but I also had to curve things around so the cables would fit, I also did the measure once weld twice bit. The mount height is right where I like it, I will make a new mount later that is clean and has a better finish. The headlight, bars and gauge mount are the only modifications that I am doing from stock while I get it running and on the road. My chain is supposed to come in today so I will be able to get it on over thanksgiving and see if this thing will drive, since it runs.

Attachments

• IMG_20141123_090237.jpg
    IMG_20141123_090237.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_20141123_114138.jpg
    IMG_20141123_114138.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_20141123_120623.jpg
    IMG_20141123_120623.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_20141123_121513.jpg
    IMG_20141123_121513.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_20141123_121525.jpg
    IMG_20141123_121525.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 356
Anmic said:
Love it! I cant weld for shit so I tend to make brackets out of aluminium.

Thanks I grew up in the country so I learned to weld about the same time I learned to ride a bike and I really like the "its just metal" mentality of this forum. I plan on making a cleaner one in the future, but I want to get this machine going and on the road before I really start tearing things down.

Redliner said:

I have been focusing on LED options so much that I have overlooked HID headlights as an option and there are some pretty good h4 HID kits out there. I really need to call the guys at Ricks and see what options they have for rewinding my lighting circuit to handle a beefier amp draw or convert to 12 volts

Had the nieces and nephews help me put the chain on Piper last night and adjust the controls. I took it for a short ride and it wasn't too bad. The wheels are out of round, but I have those on the list already. I didn't have any pictures, but not that anyone would want to see my 6 foot 260 pound frame sitting on a dt100.

dc5daf2ba7cf7aa8946f0003fb4cb088.jpg

Just got some bark busters for my lil guy. The lady named him Hamlet, which is appropriate. Hammy the Yammy

Love this little bike. Do you know anything about potential top end swaps?

Back
Top Bottom