ZRX1100 - Let's upgrade some stuff.

Attachments

• astheysit.jpg
    astheysit.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 281
canyoncarver said:
Fresh rear tire and a good chain cleaning.

Good deal. :D

I got the Race Tech front end parts installed on my zrx1200 last week! I didn't have time to do it myself, so I got my mechanic to do it. :-[ All set up for my 200 lb body. Works great! 8)

Yeah, it's "been over 30 days". I was going through some pics since it's getting pretty cold here. Back when we had the Suzuki/Kawasaki Dealership, Dad took a brand new 81' GPZ1100 off the floor and made it his own. He added a Don Vesco Rapid Transit fairing and had it color matched and added a Kerker pipe and a few other goodies. I loved this bike and snuck it out of the garage when he wasn't home several times. I found out I could do over 120mph with my little brother on back when we were teenagers. Dad never found out until a friend ratted me out many many years later. This bike was probably the reason I bought my ZRX. He bought the 69' Norton P11 brand new and has had it since. They are dusty and have been sitting awhile. The old man is 78 and bought a new 2016 Triumph 900 Thruxton this year. I really hope he and I can make some progress on that GPz.

Attachments

• DadsGPZ.jpg
    DadsGPZ.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 238
Thanks guys. I love both of those bikes. Dad "says" they are mine.. lol but when I want to go over and work on it, apparently it's not mine yet.

We just had an interesting bike trip through Utah. Because of crazy wind, my wife clipped a post, broke her shifter and left toe. We were stranded in a desolate section of road for 3 hours before a tow came for her bike. At least it was on the way home.

Attachments

• ccutah.jpg
    ccutah.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 221
  • ccwifshft.jpg
    ccwifshft.jpg
    803 KB · Views: 219
  • ccdamnwind.jpg
    ccdamnwind.jpg
    643.5 KB · Views: 233
I know its a bummer of a trip when something like that happens, but im sure glad it was only a broken toe she ended up with and not something much worse man! Glad yall made it back!!!

HURCO550 said:
I know its a bummer of a trip when something like that happens, but im sure glad it was only a broken toe she ended up with and not something much worse man! Glad yall made it back!!!

Thanks man, it could have been way worse, we are both very thankful it wasn't. She and I and the bikes rode home with my stepson in his pickup and trailer with our two grandkids. That part was a great cool down from the trip.

Very sorry to hear about the misfortune your wife encountered, but it sure coulda been a LOT worse! :p

Thanks Drewski.

I meant to add, the first pic was on the way in to Utah, the second two were on the way back. Cold on the way out, warm on the way back.

Ouch broken toes suck, but as someone who still walks funny from a crash it could have been way worse. Glad it wasn't.

Maritime said:
Ouch broken toes suck, but as someone who still walks funny from a crash it could have been way worse. Glad it wasn't.

Thanks. Yeah, she is still kinda going over and over it in her head. She wants the bike fixed asap so she can get back on the horse and get past it.

Good Idea, that's what I did. Rebuilt the bike and road it on a 3 day trip, before I could even walk without a cane.

clem said:
So with all of this said, did you two have a good ride otherwise? It's pretty rad that your wife rides.

I do dig that she rides her own instead of the back of mine. I also worry more about her but she loves riding. Otherwise a great ride, not the Ozarks but it was cool. :)

Back
Top Bottom