Maritime's new GL - 2UP Distance eater

Got her legal, road to work this morning, holy shit the fork brace was worth it, I was coming out of corners are 15-20 KPH faster than I used to. Didn't know the front was so sloppy until it wasn't. She's ready to eat miles. Planning a good full day out with the missus this weekend. Just might ride her to Barber too!

irk miller said:
That rocks, Mike. I really hope we see this thing at Barber.

Thanks and me too. I hope I am in good enough physical condition to make that ride, if not I may trailer it, worst case I'll fly in again.

Maritime said:
Got her legal, road to work this morning, holy shit the fork brace was worth it, I was coming out of corners are 15-20 KPH faster than I used to. Didn't know the front was so sloppy until it wasn't.

Haha. I've said that about every bike I put a fork brace on...

First time I needed one because the fender didn't have one but I think even the CX should have one now and it has a braced fender.

Maritime - your paint turned out great... love that color combo. Makes the bike look younger too I think. Bummer you had to re-do it but so glad you stuck it out, turned out great!

Northish said:
Maritime - your paint turned out great... love that color combo. Makes the bike look younger too I think. Bummer you had to re-do it but so glad you stuck it out, turned out great!

Thanks man!

HerrDeacon said:
Wow, paint came out awesome, bike looks great! Very nice work!

Thanks Perry I hope to get over to the rock in the next few yeats to ride. We'll look you up when we do

Got a set of Spark Moto LED aux lights. Mounted them and the switch so far, will wire and aim tonight. Used existing bolts and holes that were in the bars before I got them. Really good quality lights, I had to drill the bracket hole one size larger as the bolts that came with it were too short and man it took all my little Makita and titanium bit could muster to get through the stainless. Also did the timing on the points, I think I got it right but need to fire the ole girl up and see, I either got it right or she'll run like crap and I have to do it over LOL. that was the last thing I needed to get her on the road this season.

1732-220518093043.jpeg

Maritime said:
Got a set of Spark Moto LED aux lights. Mounted them and the switch so far, will wire and aim tonight. Used existing bolts and holes that were in the bars before I got them. Really good quality lights, I had to drill the bracket hole one size larger as the bolts that came with it were too short and man it took all my little Makita and titanium bit could muster to get through the stainless. Also did the timing on the points, I think I got it right but need to fire the ole girl up and see, I either got it right or she'll run like crap and I have to do it over LOL. that was the last thing I needed to get her on the road this season.
Great! Now eat some miles!

Got these wired and they look great in the daylight, unfortunately, I had a mishap with the ole girl. I tried to fire her up and she wouldn't start. I had timing off of course. I seem to get it wrong the first try every time. So redid that, got her fired, she was running & reving great, so I geared up and went to take her for the first ride of the spring, when I was making the turn in my drive, went a little wide and hit wet grass on the edge of the drive, went down hard on my side, all bruised up but generally ok. The GL on the other hand, I smashed the windshield, headlight is trashed, wrecked one blinker and so she's not ridable until I get replacements for all that stuff and she's my only bike. Only good thing is the new LED's are fine. where I put them there was no contact with the ground.

Just spent money I dont have on parts. Fuckit. Need to ride.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Gauntlet-Headlight-Fairing-Trigger-Lock-Mount-For-Harley-Sportster-XL1200/253621610481?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reproduction-Honda-Halogen-Headlight-Assembly-Black-CB650-CB750-CB900-GL1100/172569851791?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reproduction-Honda-Halogen-Headlight-Assembly-Black-CB650-CB750-CB900-GL1100/172569851791?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Going to mount the signals to the fairing I'll probably never take it off anyway.

Back
Top Bottom