Beachcomber - time to quit

"Look what they done to my house Ma" :'( :'(.... apologies to Melanie Safka.

This is the scene of devastation that greeted me on the return to my house in Saxony !!!! Compare with previous pix. above.

The roadworks represent a cost of 40K Euros [ minimum ] to pay for main sewage main pipework [ NO connection ] and relaying the road - WITH TARMAC ..............................................................FUCKIN VANDALS. :mad:

Luckily my German pal found a buyer in the village who wants to return the house to it's former function as a Deli [ including butchery ], Bar, Restaurant and village meeting place [ Dance Hall ].

He agreed to pay ALL relevant costs including the legal fees, Notaire etc. .which meant I got fuck all in my pocket [ OK, 5K euros ] - BUT I was absolved of any financial costs - equating to about 50K euros.

However, that wasn't the end - when I drove around to the back of the house [ our "main" entrance ] another scene of utter vandalism greeted me. He had stripped out the majority of the shrubs, bushes and trees, ready to "tarmac" most of the area as a car park for his customers. ::)

However ......................... note they left my ad hoc "Beer Terrace " standing !!!!!!! ;D

I went there full of sadness that after 10 fantastic years of holidays and breaks - it was all coming to a sad farewell. After I saw the condition - I said to myself "This is NOT my house", and felt somehow more at peace with the situation.

Deal finally done and all legally signed over to the new owner.

Time to look in the auction catalogue for a more modest place !!!!! Around 3-5K euros should see me with a little country pad - oh yes, I'll make sure it already HAS mains sewage !!

I wonder what other lightning strikes await me? :-\

HAPPIER DAYS ....................................

Spot on song quote RedBird... spot on.

Sorry Beach... You will find a way to make it a home again... Side bar, the shade spot looks dreamy! Just needs a pitcher of lemonade with a goose swimming init ;)

That is a scene of devastation!!! On the positive side the destruction took away your connection. Makes it a bit easier to walk away. The other positive side I see is they are getting rid of the cobbles. I know cobbles are lovely to look at, traditional etc. but I remember Dublin having a few cobbled streets left and riding them in the wet was something I won't miss. Good luck in your search for a new pad. Hard to believe they can be found for 3-5k. I take it your search won't include Monaco. LOL!!

Hoof,
exactly that - I no longer think of it as "our house",; from the moment I pulled up it felt totally alien. And then when I drove round the back ............ Even worse.

Bizarre really as inside it was exactly as we'd left it after our last visit in September 2015.
!
We spent a day sorting out our personal stuff ready for my pal to collect before the new owner officially takes over on 1st. August.

I drove away without a backward glance ....

I can tell you all now - I paid £3,800 for it at auction 10 years ago !!!!!!

I looked at a couple of places while I was there, just curiosity for now- I'll think again after the July tests.

Well the day is here ......... Preliminary tests done, armful of blood taken on Monday ......off to have the critical assessment later today.

Results should be back within 7 days.

Here's hoping ..............

The results are due back tomorrow [ Tuesday ] ........................... notional group hug tonight with all my biking pals ?

beachcomber said:
The results are due back tomorrow [ Tuesday ] ........................... notional Global group hug tonight with all my biking pals ?

Fixed

Easy with the reach around now ::) :p :-*

AND THE WINNER IS ....................................... TJ ;D ;D

Guess that group hug, Prayers, and sacrificial offerings worked.

Not out of the woods - but certainly in the clearing [ just saw Red Riding Hood ]. New meds have taken effect and halted the decline [ for now anyway ] and apart from another load of daily meds and a reasonable diet, etc. just down to every 6 month assessments for the forseeable.

Effectively NO further decline in function since Christmas. No guarantees of course, but looking positive after the uncertainty of the past 6 months.

Prognosis is good - while I was at the hospital awaiting the assessment, I spoke to 2 others there in the same situation - but 12 months and 18 months down the road from me. Both had remained stable for that period since their initial assessments. 8)

Side effects [ condition and meds ] is in the main an irritant rather than a problem ........... a few years left in the old fart yet. ;)

I sincerely thank you one and all for your pms, phone calls, kind thoughts words and good wishes.

Beachcomber's back :)

I think it's worth repeating. ;)

Cheers, TJ. Here's to many healthy years ahead.

Outstanding News!!!
Kickin Ass and Takin Names Beach :D

"Do not pray for an easy life,
pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
~ Bruce Lee

Back
Top Bottom