Montreal Manchild with an '81 Honda CB750K

Cheers fella, the carb hats (that's what I call them anyway) were totally roached so they got the treatment too -

Weird. I'm not a gold guy at all so this design vibe came out of left field but I'm all over it like a hobo on a ham sandwich

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

That tank looks real trick Jimbo,
Hope the rust holds off for you.
Hope you've not been hit by the crazy flooding around there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good Jimbo! Great progress so far.
+1 on Farmer's comment. Stay dry brother!

No shit, wetter than an otters' pocket here and apparently worst is yet to come. No floods where I am but plenty all around, no fun. Thanks for the good vibes

Was in Napa picking some more clearcoat and saw this -

Gotta be good - 2K hot rod satin black. I'll be remembering that next time I gotta murder shit out.

Are your gold accents there on the carb hats, levers, badge and whatnot just gold caliper paint with 2K clear?

Yeah, no idea how it'll hold up. It says it can be sprayed directly onto metal so I keyed up all the surfaces first, gave them 3 coats and then cooked them in my little toaster oven. Waited a few days and then hit them with the 2K

The badge I just sprayed with paint stripper - the gold was underneath the factory black paint

That combo should hold up as good as anythung can on caebs. Let us know but i think cured caliper paint with 2k on top should really be good.

I'll do that mate, I'll let you know how it holds up. That satin black 2K from SprayMax looks good, but didn't see it in any other colours. Think it needs a primer though, where this VHT caliper paint doesn't.

Wet as a well diggers' arse here - so much for riding season. I'd be better off getting my scuba license.

Glad to hear that mate - here's to things cheering up in the weather department very soon.

Dude, my petcock is kinda knackered (gaskets shot, full of rubberized varnish) and I'm thinking to replace it with a straight exit petcock. Pretty sure the thread on the tank's spigot (is that what it's called?) and the OEM petcock's bolt thread is 16.9mm but having a hard time finding any replacements. Is there an adaptor or fix so that I can use a wider range of petcocks - without welding anything?

Its a Hinda so yes. There should be a reasonable priced one. Kamn found me a regular petcock for the cx for like 30 CAD the got rid of the vacuum mess that came on it. Ill try and see what is out there. Should be the same as half the hondas oof the same vintage. They re-use anything they can on as many products as possible. My 79 gl1000 rad cap fits 5 honda cars and 7 bikes.

The Jimbonaut said:
Dude, my petcock is kinda knackered (gaskets shot, full of rubberized varnish) and I'm thinking to replace it with a straight exit petcock. Pretty sure the thread on the tank's spigot (is that what it's called?) and the OEM petcock's bolt thread is 16.9mm but having a hard time finding any replacements. Is there an adaptor or fix so that I can use a wider range of petcocks - without welding anything?

Check Sirius Consolidated. I think they carry most cb petcocks. Possibly rebuild kits as well.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help as much as always Sirius has helped me out in the past, totally forgot to look there for a petcock.

Clear coating spokes...

...every bit as rock n roll as it sounds

Couple of weeks back I received a new set of levers from China - fairly non-descript and glossy black. Stripped off all the paint, sanded and scotchbrited them, hit some parts with gold paint and then 2K cleared everything -

Came out pretty good

Gonna look pretty trick with all that gold and raw just be careful on that gold paint when you tighten up all them pretty bolts paint brush for touch up works pretty well

Back
Top Bottom