Montreal Manchild with an '81 Honda CB750K

Is your bike already plated in Quebec or has it been stored for more than a year?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I think he's trying to tell you to watch what you mod if it requires an inspection before it can be plated. It's a long damn checklist and they are very, very thorough.

You can find it on the saaq website, motocyclettes modifiés artisanal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I know all about the saaq and their checklists!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

The Jimbonaut said:
Yeah I know all about the saaq and their checklists!

You should get the bike inspected before you proceed with the mods

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

At last - my frame's back from powdercoooooooat

Now begins the fun part, putting everything back together again and hoping I took enough photos...

Got the engine bolted into the frame -

Now I'm wondering what the best plan of attack is. Is there anything else I should reassemble onto the frame before lifting it down onto the floor, or just go for it now?

I'm not going to be putting the centre stand back on the frame, at least that's the plan. Bad idea?

i'd suggest maybe the wiring loom so you can thread it through easier and see where its going without having to turn your head through 180 degrees to see it under the top tube and stuff

I'd be putting the front and rear wheels on now so when you take it off the bench it's not sitting on the ground.

Probably a good idea, but was talking to my mate this eve and he said f*^% it, bet I could get that thing down myself. And he did. Dude's got game.

So now she's on the floor and, well, grip it an' rip it.

Got my Tool tickets this eve, man it's great to be alive

Tool, man I am going to miss them this time...again.

You'll regret taking that centerstand off every time you go to do your routine maintenance or tuning, I know I do. If it clears the exhaust I'd put it on, you can always take it off after you get the bike running how you like it.

The Jimbonaut said:
Probably a good idea, but was talking to my mate this eve and he said f*^% it, bet I could get that thing down myself. And he did. Dude's got game.

So now she's on the floor and, well, grip it an' rip it.

Oh I could have got it down myself too - I reckon it would have bounced only once ;D

Waiting for the leaping spark
To wake the horses in the dark -
To stir the calm into a fury,
Unleash beasts most unruly.

You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit in the wind
You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim, may I suggest you get your beefy buddy to lift the machine one more time, so you can slide a milk crate, or a 5 gallon pail, etc., under it? I'm just thinking it'll be less bending for you if it's up, as well as making life easier to install steering and suspension bits. Nice work so far; keep the updates coming!

Not much done today - helped a friend out with his fork seals which ended up taking us a while, have to say it felt great being able to pass on some of the help I've received from you guys so here's to you =)

Mocked up the new shocks...ooooh, shiny...but the rubber whotsits that came with it didn't fit so i'm recycling the old ones. Not perfect but they'll do. Bike's still on the ground which is probably where it'll stay now.

Gonna be installing the swingarm (which auto-correct is desperately trying to change to swingers - I ain't installing any of them...) tomorrow - grease up the pivot collar (? - the hollow tube that goes inside the swingarm anyway), cap each end with those plastic seals and then tie it all up with the long bolt. Plan is to then install the shocks and then the rear wheel.

Bearing in mind that the bike is sitting on the floor, am I overlooking anything?

Shit it's hot here, 30C. Gotta love the summer...cold beer needed...

Back
Top Bottom