Montreal Manchild with an '81 Honda CB750K

Couple of shots I took on a ride up to the lookout today -

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Thanks fellas, really getting a kick out of riding the bike around. Had a birthday recently and hopefully managed to scrape up enough contributions towards some Progressive rear shocks. As the bike is now the ride is somewhat firm (i.e. rock solid) - hoping the Progressives will dampen the damage these shitty Montreal roads are doing to my spinal column.

Crazy storm blew through MTL yesterday - some are saying a tornado touched down - and wreaked havoc to both the natural and manmade world. So hoping to dust Rhonda down and take her out for a blatt out into the hills.

Avante!

The Jimbonaut said:
Thanks fellas, really getting a kick out of riding the bike around. Had a birthday recently and hopefully managed to scrape up enough contributions towards some Progressive rear shocks. As the bike is now the ride is somewhat firm (i.e. rock solid) - hoping the Progressives will dampen the damage these shitty Montreal roads are doing to my spinal column.

Crazy storm blew through MTL yesterday - some are saying a tornado touched down - and wreaked havoc to both the natural and manmade world. So hoping to dust Rhonda down and take her out for a blatt out into the hills.

Avante!

Don't kid your self, there are no shocks that can dampen Quebec roads, you're living in denial

Saw the storm on the news last night, christ am i glad we only got rain

Hopefully you guys came out unscathed.

Head out to the eastern townships if you got time for a good ride, lots of nice twisties out there

That's the triple truth Ruth. Swear to God never seen roads like these. Weather my ass. A few miles down the road and their tarmac is smooth as a freshly buttered bannister and it's even colder there in the winter.

Love it down in the townships - there's a road a buddy and I always take through Frelighsburgh and Pigeon Hill that's an absolute joy. With a stop in Dunham for an excellent craft beer hooray

Progressives are gonna do you a world of good compared to those old beat shocks. You did a great job on her Jim, you should be proud

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Ton of fun to build, ton of fun to ride. Definitely need some better shocks, hope to be picking up the Progressive's this week. Then make the most of the rest of the "summer" - get some decent rides in before the weather takes a header.

Sounds like a plan. I may end up in MTL with 2 wheels mid week second week of Sep. A buddy from work has to go for business and asked me if I wanted to tag along and we'd ride instead of him driving. If the weather is going to cooperate, I'll txt you.

Cheers

Maritime

Do that mate, although I'm going back to the UK on the 12th for a long overdue visit so might not be in town. Drop me a line when you think you'll be here and we'll see what gives.

Had a great weekend - me and the missus drove up to a tiny little place south of Quebec City to go and check out a '77 Kawasaki KZ1000 and we'll whaddya know I bought it and rode the thing back to MTL with a huge grin on my face. Great story too, even better over a few beers! Here's the old girl -

- that's winter taken care of

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Nice, glad you got her and she made it back to MTL without worries. Looking forward to seeing what you make of her. I am not sure it may be next week he goes. Needless to say I will have free time on that trip as I will be taking a day or 2 off work.

Cool, hope to see you when you're here. You can meet the whole fam - picked up a beaten up KLR650c too which has fun written all over it

I think I have a problem. Must. Stop. Looking. At. Kijiji.

I have the same problem. currently only 2 as funds are dry but I also want a KLR/XL/DR 650 in the stable.

Picked up my new Progressive Series 12 shocks and installed them on the bike today, makes a world of difference. Seat is still a little firm but I'm going to soften that up with some different foam once the riding season draws to a close.

Hell yeah to Progressive shocks =)

It's official. Rhonda has done the ton.

Somehow didn't feel quite right - now that she's BOTM and everything - not to have reached that vaunted milestone while she's still gracing the banner across this forum. Well I put that squarely to rights this afternoon, barrelled down a gorgeous stretch of asphalt and sailed past 100mph.

100 miles per hour. Done the Ton =)

Back
Top Bottom