The little Ducati Featherweight

Rode a fair distance on the new tires today. In short, they are a 100% improvement.

In more detail, the am83 street riders are pretty much an extension of the roadrider tires, only for a more narrow application. Overall, the bike felt crisp and responsive, which I did not get with the wider tires. Since the bike is so light, there were times I almost felt like I was riding a mountain bike when I was on side roads. Aside from the tires, the bike itself continues to run well. Easily got to 8500rpm in all gears, and wanted to do more. With a larger carb and more port work I can see why these are revved out to 10 or 11k. Since I opted for reliability and a boost in the mid rpms I mostly ride in, 8500 will do. Another gear would be nice, however, with the heavy clutch pull, only having 4 gears isn't such a bad thing.

I think if I am going to do anything alse, it would be to rechrome the spare set of fork stanchions I have to swap in, and maybe a firmer spring for the carb if it's possible. The pull is actually too light, I would like a little more feedback.

Back
Top Bottom