1981 cb750c seats?

mtnzr 800

Hello I'm new to the site and love all the bikes. Good work to all the hard work. Well I finally bought my project cb750 to make a brat style bike. I am having a problem deciding on the seat and not sure which would be best. I would like a straight one just in case I have a passenger but mine has the hump. Advise and opinions would be appreciated. I will get some pic also.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 423
If you'd like to occasionally carry passengers, you can't go wrong with a stepped, brat-style seat. Check out Mork's "the Platypis" build as only one fine example. It's also a cb750c.

Also, welcome to DTT! That's a mighty nice CB you have to start with.

Just browsing around and... damn right. :)

Some grippier leather/vinyl would have been better though. It's just to easy to slide off the back. Until the taillight jams up where you don't want it...

For reference:

74fe2d8aa4cd79db6bf5046724638b42.jpg

DIY is gonna be the easiest on your pocketbook. Take some stainless/aluminum sheet and form a pan, use some high density foam to shape the seat, then take it to an upholsterer and have it covered by a pro. All in cost probably around $100 or so depending on your materials/upholsterer

mtnzr 800 said:
Ya that is sweet. Pretty much what I want to build. Where do you get the seat and what was the price?

It's actually a vendor from Vietnam on eBay specific to the C model. It comes with a hoop even, but it's thin crap. Get one that has the plugs with it or have one bent up.

ive been browsing for a seat for mine as well, same year and model. Aside from cutting the frame and making it straight, relocating the shock mount and using a somewhat "universal" pan/seat setup its gonna be 100% custom. The ones on ebay that say for a dohc cb750 also say may not fit in the description. For 215+65 to ship thats quite a gamble for me. I know i am going to try to just cut and refab the rear to have a straight ass rather than kicking up like it does, and hope for the best.

I just saw this as well
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11.msg17#msg17

Well thanks for the advice. Is there any forums that show a build of one of these seats. I will post pics of the build as I progress.

lostinmiself said:
ive been browsing for a seat for mine as well, same year and model. Aside from cutting the frame and making it straight, relocating the shock mount and using a somewhat "universal" pan/seat setup its gonna be 100% custom. The ones on ebay that say for a dohc cb750 also say may not fit in the description. For 215+65 to ship thats quite a gamble for me. I know i am going to try to just cut and refab the rear to have a straight ass rather than kicking up like it does, and hope for the best.

I just saw this as well
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11.msg17#msg17

You are probably looking at a similar one to mine. For a C, you are cutting it so close to the tire to make the frame straight - it needs every inch of clearance, and still rubs a bit. I liked the slight kick that I was able to keep in the frame with the seat.

Without it, I defiantly couldn't have run a full rear fender.

Progress pic:

b85c83e7673a1d5de0c65814f9178642.jpg

MORK said:
You are probably looking at a similar one to mine. For a C, you are cutting it so close to the tire to make the frame straight - it needs every inch of clearance, and still rubs a bit. I liked the slight kick that I was able to keep in the frame with the seat.

Without it, I defiantly couldn't have run a full rear fender.

Progress pic:

b85c83e7673a1d5de0c65814f9178642.jpg
Looks great, only issue for me is the battery. I don't want to see it so I have to make a tail piece to hide the battery in as well as tail light. But that seat looks bitchen, even have the same color tank as you

Sent from my SM-N920V using DO THE TON mobile app

nateb said:
https://youtu.be/5ycnw_-FCTg

80 cb750
At 37 sec stop it and look at what they did to the frame at the "bump". They took out the middle piece of the spine and welded in a new spine and hoop right over the curve of the frame where upper shock mount is.

80 cb750

Back
Top Bottom