A thorough introduction!

NiftyHalden

MG fanatic working on a twin.
Hello, DOT community! (May I abbreviate you so?)
TL;DR I'm a young classic motor junkie, and you guys are swell.

As an ultra abbreviated story of my life, I'm 21, and in possession of my 5th motorcycle & my 15th classic or retro car.
Had no interest in cars before I started driving a 'new' '09 VW when I got my license, got an MGB 7 months later and I had something I could actually work on, and then things began to spirial when all the computers in the VW scared me and I could actually hear the MG tell me what it wanted...
My father, who used to change cars like they were shoes (now on is 64th car in his 65 years living...) supported this, taught me a bit, saw me take off with desire & proceeded to build a decent sized garage with a lift. Then I started flipping 80's VW's to pay my bills & start building skills.

Well, I learned that the late 70's on were a miserable period for cars with all the new smog regulations and so on, and I focused on pre-smog stuff like my dear MG, Abel, and my faithful DD, my 67 Volvo wagon, Ramona.

Along the way, I bought the best motorcycle I've ever owned, a 71 CB125 that had 1,400 miles that I rode, waxed & flipped for a mint. Then a barn score SL350 I sold to a buddy who still hasn't put the thing on the road, a 90-something CBR600 that only stuck around a couple weeks (yuck!), a CB750 that convinced me I simply, REALLY dislike complex machines, such as 4 cylinder motorcycles, and then my 72 CB 350 that I intend to keep for myself for many, many years.

Now that I've spilled a short version of my rapid decent into gas huffing & beer drinking, I'll say this.
This fourm has been such an incredible resource over the years, I truly feel bad that I never contributed anything. Though I owe VW Vortex & The MG Experience the same statement, they never heard these words from me.
But I must say thank you.

My CB is still not on the road after a total tear down, paint, rewiring and so on, I'm now only an intermittent spark issue away from having the thing on the road in time for this year's riding season, thanks to you guys & many dead threads. Expect some reports & questions IN APPROPRIATE THREADS in the near future.

Cheers,
Halden

Welcome dude.......good story.

Pix are a must, of all and any thing you work on.

Love those old volvos, dude you're in the right place, tons of good people here with tons of help. Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom