Ballistic Batteries

So I've been looking for batteries a while for my Yamaha XS750 cafe racer build. I needed it to be small in order to keep the minimalistic look I'm aiming for and needed it to be able to be mounted in any position. How does everyone like the Ballistic Evo 8? Do they hold up? Also their website says they can be charged using the conventional method ... but should I get their specific charger anyways in order to extend battery life? Anyone know of anything better?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Have had mine for a couple years. Has never been on a charger. Fires up as soon as I push the button, every time.

The key is to have the electrics sorted BEFORE you put in the tiny expensive battery.
That way you never need the charger and you won't overcharge etc. Once your electrical system is up to snuff to charge it correctly and not drain it when sitting it's just like any other battery, but you have to do the prep work.

Regulator rectifier usually needs to be updated to a modern unit with more precise control over the charging. Check sparckmoto

I've had one for 3 years on my KZ400. I did replace the regulator and rectifier with something more modern. +1 for checking out Sparck Moto.

I put a Battery Tender Jr on mine every once in a while. It has worked fine.

SONIC. said:
The key is to have the electrics sorted BEFORE you put in the tiny expensive battery.
That way you never need the charger and you won't overcharge etc. Once your electrical system is up to snuff to charge it correctly and not drain it when sitting it's just like any other battery, but you have to do the prep work.

^This^ Absolutely this.

Back
Top Bottom