The Ducati Ebay Special

Heres a look at the subtle changes i made. The ride height and clutch cover are the most noticeable. I still have sanding to do, thats to 600 grit.

Attachments

• 20170516_095038.jpg
    20170516_095038.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 245
In recent ima idiot news, i painted the belt covers titanium and baked them. Came out mint. Only problem is they match absolutely nothing. I ordered burnt copper metallic and i will re spray. Doh!!!

Attachments

• 20170516_150452.jpg
    20170516_150452.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 243
Rider52 said:
That's turned into a nice bike, even with the titanium belt covers! LOL!

Haha thanks. I actually really like that color though, so much that I'm thinking about repainting the orange this weekend.

I don't know, that orange really wakes it up! I like the titanium, but I'd keep the current paint.

Mixed up some paint abd laid it out. Lots of sanding and buffing later i got this:

Attachments

• 20170517_111300.jpg
    20170517_111300.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 250
  • 20170517_113421.jpg
    20170517_113421.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 244
I concur. I have to do the tank yet. So the mystery part showed up. I can't get a photo that really shows it well, looks awesome in person, going to keep it for sure. Once i get it 100% fit properly Thatll get painted as well

Attachments

• 20170517_172711.jpg
    20170517_172711.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 247
where'd the fairing come from? i bought one of these some time ago, but it seems a bit narrow and low for the monster forks/triple clamp square sort of thing.

https://www.thirdgear.com.au/headlight-fairing-and-windscreen-white/

brad black said:
where'd the fairing come from? i bought one of these some time ago, but it seems a bit narrow and low for the monster forks/triple clamp square sort of thing.

https://www.thirdgear.com.au/headlight-fairing-and-windscreen-white/

Speed moto Co bullet fairing. I'm not sold on it yet.

For shits and giggles I painted the original windscreen. I like it way better on the bike, gonna order one that isn't broken down the line. I also was curious what the bike would look like if I dropped it down to only 1 caliper. I much prefer to see the front weel, and it's one less system to deal with. Curious to see how it stops, but with the brembo setup, good pads, and imoved feel frpm the stain less lin i think i'll be fine. That's my biggest issue with newer bikes, too many things going on. I may try to simplify the wiring, just have a small bundle of wires going to the bars instead of all this crap. Perhaps I can I make a bezel for the gauge and put the kill switch, start button, ad a few other things on there down the line. Right now the whole thing just looks too messy for me.

I will paint the headlight today, then finish the sanding/ rubbing out next week on a few pieces. The fender didn't get enough love, have to work some more compound magic on it. After I ride enough to drain the tank I'll paint that too. I'm thinking to paint the underside first, let it sit a couple of days, then flip it over and paint the top. I should wind up with an acceptable paint job for now. The funny part is I think I'm going to repaint those belt covers anyway lol.

Be interesting to see when the tank is painted. I love that burnt orange colour but that black could pull it together nicely.

I like the new fairing too, (although I am a bit biased haha), but the look of the original windscreen looks mean.

Attachments

• IMG_3816.JPG
    IMG_3816.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 246
Went back to the original fairing, painted. All I have left to paint is the tank, then I'll be done for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_20170529_190617_762.jpg
    IMG_20170529_190617_762.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 250
I prefer the original fairing. The other fairing is nice but for such a light looking bike it added way to much visual weight.
Will be good to see the bike all painted.

The "problem" with the original fairing is, it's at the wrong angle. In it's original form it was more upright on a smaller headlight. Every time I see it I think of a dog with it's ears laid back. Not meant as a flame, it's just what I think of when I see it.

Back
Top Bottom