Honda cj360t camshaft

Msccal

Can anyone help me. I'm learn how to work on my motorcycle by trying to rebuild it. But the camshaft won't budge and the kick start will not kick over. I know it's frozen and we put mystery oil in to attempt losening. But does anyone have any suggestions or maybe know where I can find some information on it? Trying to show the men in my life I am capable.

Also this bike was parked over 10 years could have not run in 20. I don't know if that changes what I may need to do

Sounds the engine is possibly frozen. Might be time for some exploratory surgery.

You can do this work with the engine in the bike, but it will probably be easier to remove it.

Start by removing the breather cover and then the rocker arm cover. Next the cam can come out and then the head comes off.

From there you should be able to see if the pistons are stuck in the jugs or not.

I currently am stuck on getting the cam shaft out. I can not turn the sprocket. I'm not sure what this is even suposte to look like but it does look clean for the most part. A lot of the bolts and such for disassembly came out surprisingly easy. It's sat for so long I do believe there was a guy working on it at one time. I am missing alot of parts. I do have a manual my boyfriend found. But is there any tricks to unfreezing my kick starter to get my cam out? I'm thinking we have to heat it to try to free it up?

If the cam gear isn't rotated enough to get both screws out, you may need to break the chain.

If that doesn't appeal to you, try a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF in through each spark plug hole. Fill it up until it spills out and then leave it for a day.

Then try to rotate the engine using the bolt at the end of the alternator rotor.

Back
Top Bottom