Rear Plate Holder - non seat/top mounted.... Ideas?

MattCB750OT

Ive seen a ton of these in photos but nothing being sold anywhere. I'm trying to remove as many easy things that can get me pulled over and a ticket - one of which is a sideways mounted plate. I might incorporate a small "fender" in it as well... But doubt it. I am fine with throwing it together, but figured I would see if anyone has learned something that I am about to learn? Any photos (the only ones I can find are far shots. Also seen it called a "floating" mount...

Here is an example of what I am thinking....
mockup1_zpsa272d08a.jpg

Im hoping not to run it off the axle bolt like I am now, and instead use the lower shock mount... Not sure. I would love two mounting points but...

I don't know about your state, but in Pennsylvania you need a light specifically for the license plate.

SrgtBear said:
I don't know about your state, but in Pennsylvania you need a light specifically for the license plate.

A set of led bolt lights would work in this scenario.

and be aware that poorly constructed and single mounting point "floating" plate holders will crack from vibration.......just saying I have seen it

yep, nothing worse than getting home and noticing your plate is gone. it costs 50 bucks here to replace it.

As well the longer the "arm" is if you want to take it forward to the shock mount, then the less stable, more vibration, and more stress it will have.

The best plate is central under/behind the seat. You can remove it for glamor shots if need be.

Back
Top Bottom