Honda Twins - Three Phase Alternator Project

Ok Green is to ground, red is to hot, where does the black battery sensing go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black wire is hooked up to the hot side of the coil. We have 12.3 v with the battery hooked up.

Sonreir said:
Yup. You can measure AC between any of the two yellow wires. Three total measurements.
Live is always fun...lol! Going to get a new meter.

That seems like a fairly positive result. 13.1V - 13.2V at idle is a definite improvement over stock.

Sonreir said:
That seems like a fairly positive result. 13.1V - 13.2V at idle is a definite improvement over stock.
It was better than that with no lights. I will post another video . What was real impressive was that at IDLE it was putting out 11.2-12 Vac per leg. The stock unit was putting out 36 vac at 9k rpms. Yours is doing that at idle and with a load on it!!! When I checked the other two stators the RM Stator HO and Stock 175 they were disconnected with no load. Someone told me that didn't mean much without a load. Also I could not run this small speedcell battery with the RM stator HO we have on our Cl200 with a 40 w 7" LED. It now has an AGM battery.

Watch the video when I blip the throttle...that is impressive.

The two mod pods on low are dropping the voltage .28 dcv in one minute when connected only to the big speedcell battery. I am going to check the voltage drop on the small speedcell battery next.

When my neighbors get up I will check your stator with a Motobatt AGM battery and the GEN 3 Speedcell battery.

I would have no problem riding off with this system and the SMALL Speedcell. There is a reason why they don't make this small speedcell any more.

Matt went for a 30 minute ride this morning with the lights on and with the small battery and came back with a full charge 13.28! Success!

Bad news is I need to get some silicon...minor setback

AC voltage check with a load at idle on the RM Stator HO two wire for a Cb360 https://youtu.be/NRihDhUa5UY Matt that means the Sparckmoto Three phase stator is 33.6 Vac where as the RM HO is 22.90 VAC at idle.

Sparckmoto VAC check and DCV Check with no lights on. https://youtu.be/z0FuiPg5Piw

Sonreir said:
I may have to add a custom seal to our setup. Stupid mold costs will kill me though... lol
Fuller introduced us to a silicone adhesive that cleans up with water...good stuff we will see if it works.

Sonreir said:
I may have to add a custom seal to our setup. Stupid mold costs will kill me though... lol

How many seals do you need? Smooth On makes a million different types of two-part room temp curing rubbers. You could easily have shapeways or someone else make you a mold or make silicon molds out of any hard prototype. Just throwing some love out there. I hate seeing stuff die because of mold costs (or people pay more than they should.)

-Ben.

The MOQ for the stators is likely to be several hundred units, so it makes sense to have a similar number of seals ready to go.

Sonreir! Big Success! Battery stayed charged all weekend! Thank you! We will give you special shoutouts everywhere we can! Here is one!
b5ce2a6a4d371f328af0e6f7e7bd450c.jpg

Right on!

Thanks for the feedback from the install process. We're currently working out the specs for our second prototype and should have a couple of those available toward the end of November.

Back
Top Bottom